Muscle Car SUV
By Greens on
2006 BMW X5 4.8is 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)
My X5 4.8is truly combines luxury and sport. This car sounds like a Porsche 911 on the outside and like a Bentley on the inside. I don't need it for commuting so it gets to sleep in the garage most of the week. But when it is time to play, it is rested and ready. It hugs you and the road nicely. Although I have loved the X5 look for years, I never thought the 3.0 had enough kick so 355 hp was the perfect remedy. I'm not using it off- road but it will tow some toys. With 4 years and 45k miles I went ahead and purchased a 60 month 60k mile (additional)B-2-B warranty for $3k as I have heard that some of the regular repairs can get costly.
Favorite Features
Look and feel. Big wheels and low profile tires 20". Rumbles when you start it up and punch it. Back seats recline - all seats heated. Huge moonroof. Handles great. 24 gallon gas tank - ave. 18 MPG around town. Blue tooth. Heavy doors makes it feel safe like a Panzer. Great crash test ratings.
Suggested Improvements
Move the CD changer from the cargo area. Get rid of the cassette 'tape' player option.