2006 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Everything BMW does well and p

2006 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Review

Everything BMW does well and poorly
By Pleasanton on

2006 BMW X5 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the following items serviced since I have owned the vehicle - valley pan, panoramic moonroof, and AC headunit. All items were covered under warranty. The interior personal space is extremely generous. The door openings are large and make getting small children in and out of car seats very easy. Rear cargo area is somewhat limited as a result however. I do like the clamshell hatch. Driving this vehicle is so much fun. It handles like a sedan and has plenty of power. It puts a smile on my face every time I get in. The styling is timeless, subtle but distinctive, I love it. The CPO warty, extd service, BMW 2 payments, and 0.9% financing made this a very attractive purchase.

4.4L V8, Handling, Panoramic moonroof, Styling, 19" sport wheels, Exhaust note, Clamshell hatch, BMW service, extended warranty. Driving experience!

Eliminate the tape player w/ Navigation, Move the CD changer up to the front, Eliminate the redundant hot cold dial and dual temperature zone controls. Improve fuel economy (not bad, not great 17mpg).