2006 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Awesome "SAV"

2006 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

3.0i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Awesome "SAV"
By Bob Wallace on

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I love every bit of it, now I know why BMW is called the Ultimate Driving Machine. The styling is pure BMW. The ride is smooth as silk, the seats are comfortable, and the overall quality is outstanding. My only dislike is the CD changer located in the rear due to the optional navigation system. Something prospective buyers need to keep in mind, the X5 is not a soft, plush luxury SUV, it is a sporty SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle), that means a stiffer/sportier ride. I think the 3.0 acceleration is pretty good, but if you want faster acceleration, opt for the 4.4 or 4.8. Also, the X5 is a mid- size SAV, if you want lots of cargo space opt for a larger vehicle.

The heated leather seats & steering wheel, the panoramic moon roof, the bluetooth, the smooth shifting and the split tailgate. I'm also impressed with the fuel economy for a vehicle this heavy, I'm getting 20-23 mpg.

Automatic annual updates for the navigation system. Premium sound as a standard vs. optional. In-dash CD changer w/ nav. system.