2006 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2006 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Awesome suv...but not for women
By Paul Apfelbaum on 01/31/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd X5 and I have never had a problem except with sticking doors in both of them. Speaking of doors, they are heavy and close by themselves, knocking women and smaller men off their feet. Is it worth the safety they provide? Your preference. Ride is amazing. Visibility is too. No need for the 4.4, unless you want to dragrace on the interstate.

Love my X5
By Joe Bondi on 01/25/06 17:07 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is classy to drive and it turns heads. I like the quiet soft ride. I like sitting high and the excellent visability. Handles beautifully and it has gentle manners. Quality of construction and materials is superb.

Second X5 and might buy a third one!
By Edward on 01/12/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Without a question, this is the 4WD to have. Pricey vehicle; but the best by all means. I would have given a perfect reliability score, but a faulty passenger seat sensor that activates the air bag left me without my X5 for 29 DAYS because the spare part had to be ordered from Germany, and part number was not availble??? That said, the dealer loaned me a fantastic 530 for the whole time the X5 was in service and every day they kept me informed about the situation, with a very professional and courteous approach.

I'm thrilled so far!
By Cindy R on 01/08/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It was hard to part with my 7 series that I loved and have driven for the past 8 year. I was considering ML500, XC90, Cayenne S and X5 4.4. ML500 and XC90 did not have heated steering as an available option, which was one of my criteria. After test-driving X5 4.4; I knew it was the right choice. Drives like a dream. Great power, great cornering... and it is fun to drive! I've only had it 6 days, but it's a BMW..... you just can't go wrong!

Big Fun
By AMorgan on 01/01/06 22:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding handling, performance and a thrill to drive! BMW focuses on the driving experience vs "gadgets". It didn't take long to decide on the X5 after test driving the competitors.

comfort and gas
By Joe on 12/10/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I would like to say a few things about my X5, the price was great, but i should of test drive the car first, I got the sports package which makes the ride of the car very bumpy, I had no idea it was going to be so rough. But one good thing about the car is that i'm very surprised it gets great gas milage for a big V8.

2005 BMW X5 3.0 w/6-speed transmission
By Jim on 11/28/05 01:54 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the car for 6 months and like it more each time I drive it. The seat comfort, handling, shifting and ride are superb. On long rides the seats allow you to arrive refreshed rather than tired. The car handles solidly at high speeds and corners nimbly without roll. The 6 speed is super smooth and quick. The highway ride is like floating on a cloud.

excellent
By steven on 11/09/05 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It was hard to switch over to the BMW X5 4.4i for the Volvo XC90, but within hours I was in love with this vehicle. It's like driving a cloud. The weather in New England has been rough this fall and this SUV handles like a dream. Thank you.

Yes. It's umtimate driving machine.
By clifford on 11/01/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

4.4 with sports package and 19" wheels, it looks aggressive and really is. It can drive silky smooth, pass effortless in any speed, and stop on a dime. 3.0 is a bit lag from start, but 4.4 is really fast and fast. Cargo space is a bit tight, but who cares that in this driving machine. It drives like a sport sedan. Minimum body lean on curve. Panorama moon roof is fresh. Overall mileage is about 20miles/gallon which is not that bad at all. I'm excited every morning when I sit on it. How many cars can give you this sort of excitement?

step up to a 4.4i
By steven k on 10/28/05 02:57 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 03, 3.0 and loved it. Just bought a 4.4.Sport. Wow what a difference. BMW took out all the kinks from the old model. Real quiet inside, solid ride, agile, great acceleration. Get the sport package. Seats are more comfy. I drive this truck in n.y.c. Handles the roads unbeliveable. Fixed the annoying hatch rattle and now easy to remove rear cover. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. Gas mileage sucks. But what is perfect in life? If money is an issue you don't deserve to drive this truck, sorry...