Used 2006 BMW X5 3.0i Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

The best car yet...
By samsam

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchase CPO with only 28K on it. Absolutely love it. You can't beat BMW CPO - they had the car ready in mint condition, the warranty is excellent, and I still have over 20K left on included maintenance and 0.9% financing (unheard of for CPO!). The X5 handles like a dream and I personally think this model is better looking than the redesign in 2007. The interior is top notch and the power seems way stronger than the HP rating - that speaks to great engineering. No rattles, solid like a tank. I'm actually getting up to 26mpg on highway trips and 18mpg average overall.

The best thing about this car is that it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it - something I didn't get with my last Acura.

The blower seems to stay on pretty high even when the temp is reached on auto climate control. A lot of brake dust, but not really big deals.

Great Ride
By Ken

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second BMW, the first was a 328xi, and although this doesn't have the same get up and go it definitely drives better than any other SUV on the market.

My third BMW and still loving them
By Jim

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have not found another vehicle that matches the BMW standards and driving comfort. I have driven vehicles from most brand names on the market. I have compared all features with a lot of disappointments. I still have found very little disappointment in BMW. Those that complain have to completed there homework. Once you drive one its hard to drive anything else.

My favorite features include but not limited to the driving comfort. I find that there are too many to list.

I find myself with a loss of words when it comes to suggestions. The BMW company continues to find innovating ways to surprise and amaze me.

Wish i can return it!
By arcellie

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's my first BMW, i was excited at first to drive it but when it reached its 38,000 miles it gave me a lot of trouble, engine wouldn't start at all. Dealer changed the alternator and battery. Every time I drive this car I'm nervous because it might cause trouble again. NO DOUBT it happened again today after 5 months with 43,000 miles, the car stop at the road during winter time while I'm driving, unable to start it, tried multiple times, battery is totally dead and it has to be towed again in the dealership. This is my only car and I used it for work, I'm totally upset about its inconvenience! I wish I can return this car to BMW, it's a lemon car!

Leather seats

Better alternator, battery and computer for the engine. I hope this car will have a recall.

Awesome "SAV"
By Bob Wallace

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I love every bit of it, now I know why BMW is called the Ultimate Driving Machine. The styling is pure BMW. The ride is smooth as silk, the seats are comfortable, and the overall quality is outstanding. My only dislike is the CD changer located in the rear due to the optional navigation system. Something prospective buyers need to keep in mind, the X5 is not a soft, plush luxury SUV, it is a sporty SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle), that means a stiffer/sportier ride. I think the 3.0 acceleration is pretty good, but if you want faster acceleration, opt for the 4.4 or 4.8. Also, the X5 is a mid- size SAV, if you want lots of cargo space opt for a larger vehicle.

The heated leather seats & steering wheel, the panoramic moon roof, the bluetooth, the smooth shifting and the split tailgate. I'm also impressed with the fuel economy for a vehicle this heavy, I'm getting 20-23 mpg.

Automatic annual updates for the navigation system. Premium sound as a standard vs. optional. In-dash CD changer w/ nav. system.