2006 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
The Ultimate Drivng Machine
By Butterfly on 07/06/06 01:58 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle REALLY is the ultimate driving machine. I've enjoyed driving it every time! This car even makes going to the grocery store fun. It's the little things I appreciate!! I can hardly wait for the seven passenger!

Love My X5(s)
By donfromdurham on 03/22/06 06:53 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second X5. My first one was a 2003 and I loved every second of the three years that I drove it - 36,000 miles. It is quiet, smooth, a ball to drive, and just the right size for my needs. Also, it gets surprisingly good mileage - the on-board computer calculated my three-year mileage at 21.0 MPG! I was so happy with my X5 that I did not even consider another vehicle when my lease was up. I signed another three year lease last December.

great car
By emtadam22 on 02/06/06 00:35 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. Traded in a 2000 ford expedition and I do not miss it. This car has power and speed and just looks great. The only improvement BMW could do is get rid of the tape player with the navigation system. Who uses a tape player? We are in the age of MP3 players and BMW should take a serious look at improving to this technology. Also please update your whole audio system. Your upgrade Harmon audio system should be compatible to the navigation system. With these concerns I still do love to drive it. BMW is truly the ultimate driving machine.

Wife's Car
By 2ndBMW on 02/03/06 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car for my wife and our 2 year old son. It is very heavy which means it is safe, however, the weight is a problem with getting in to move from the start. Once going, the ride is great. I recommend it to anyone wanting a BMW SUV. Skip the X3. Gas mileage is OK. I haven't tried towing my boat with it yet, but it says it tows 6,000... Safe car, no blind spots and easy to park.

Awesome suv...but not for women
By Paul Apfelbaum on 01/31/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd X5 and I have never had a problem except with sticking doors in both of them. Speaking of doors, they are heavy and close by themselves, knocking women and smaller men off their feet. Is it worth the safety they provide? Your preference. Ride is amazing. Visibility is too. No need for the 4.4, unless you want to dragrace on the interstate.

Love my X5
By Joe Bondi on 01/25/06 17:07 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is classy to drive and it turns heads. I like the quiet soft ride. I like sitting high and the excellent visability. Handles beautifully and it has gentle manners. Quality of construction and materials is superb.

Big Fun
By AMorgan on 01/01/06 22:28 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding handling, performance and a thrill to drive! BMW focuses on the driving experience vs "gadgets". It didn't take long to decide on the X5 after test driving the competitors.

2005 BMW X5 3.0 w/6-speed transmission
By Jim on 11/28/05 01:54 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had the car for 6 months and like it more each time I drive it. The seat comfort, handling, shifting and ride are superb. On long rides the seats allow you to arrive refreshed rather than tired. The car handles solidly at high speeds and corners nimbly without roll. The 6 speed is super smooth and quick. The highway ride is like floating on a cloud.

Good- net yet great!
By boop in SI on 10/03/05 21:38 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle could use a bigger trani. In 2000 when the 1st one rolled off the floor there was a different and better transmission used. However, BMW still has not yet learned to LISTEN to their consumers. And, hense, will not be great, until such time that they do!!! BMW still has not figured out how to provide an in dash CD player with the navigation system... Who needs a cd player in their trunk anyway? Sure--we traveled 11 hrs to NC and loved emptying the car to change disks... WAKE UP BMW AND LISTEN TO US WOMEN AND WHAT WE WANT ...WE HAVE BEGUN DRIVING THE GREAT CARS AND THEY DRIVE THE CRUMMY CAR TO THE TRAIN OR BUS EACH DAY!!!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.