2006 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Wow!!
By Joe Driscoll on 03/02/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The first time you drive the 4.4ltr. X5, you know you are not in Kansas anymore. I am stationed in Germany and in my previous American built car I felt like I was dodging fire from an aotomatic weapon. The fast paced world of the Autobahn, is not for the weak of heart. I cower no more... I am now the king of the road!! The X5 takes no time to match speed with the best the European's can throw at me. The X5 hugs the road at 100, 110, 120 even 130 MPH like the family wagon at the more modest but not as much fun American speeds I am used to. As far as comfort, Dreamy..

Second X5 and might buy a third one!
By Edward on 01/12/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Without a question, this is the 4WD to have. Pricey vehicle; but the best by all means. I would have given a perfect reliability score, but a faulty passenger seat sensor that activates the air bag left me without my X5 for 29 DAYS because the spare part had to be ordered from Germany, and part number was not availble??? That said, the dealer loaned me a fantastic 530 for the whole time the X5 was in service and every day they kept me informed about the situation, with a very professional and courteous approach.

I'm thrilled so far!
By Cindy R on 01/08/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It was hard to part with my 7 series that I loved and have driven for the past 8 year. I was considering ML500, XC90, Cayenne S and X5 4.4. ML500 and XC90 did not have heated steering as an available option, which was one of my criteria. After test-driving X5 4.4; I knew it was the right choice. Drives like a dream. Great power, great cornering... and it is fun to drive! I've only had it 6 days, but it's a BMW..... you just can't go wrong!

comfort and gas
By Joe on 12/10/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I would like to say a few things about my X5, the price was great, but i should of test drive the car first, I got the sports package which makes the ride of the car very bumpy, I had no idea it was going to be so rough. But one good thing about the car is that i'm very surprised it gets great gas milage for a big V8.

excellent
By steven on 11/09/05 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It was hard to switch over to the BMW X5 4.4i for the Volvo XC90, but within hours I was in love with this vehicle. It's like driving a cloud. The weather in New England has been rough this fall and this SUV handles like a dream. Thank you.

Yes. It's umtimate driving machine.
By clifford on 11/01/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

4.4 with sports package and 19" wheels, it looks aggressive and really is. It can drive silky smooth, pass effortless in any speed, and stop on a dime. 3.0 is a bit lag from start, but 4.4 is really fast and fast. Cargo space is a bit tight, but who cares that in this driving machine. It drives like a sport sedan. Minimum body lean on curve. Panorama moon roof is fresh. Overall mileage is about 20miles/gallon which is not that bad at all. I'm excited every morning when I sit on it. How many cars can give you this sort of excitement?

step up to a 4.4i
By steven k on 10/28/05 02:57 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 03, 3.0 and loved it. Just bought a 4.4.Sport. Wow what a difference. BMW took out all the kinks from the old model. Real quiet inside, solid ride, agile, great acceleration. Get the sport package. Seats are more comfy. I drive this truck in n.y.c. Handles the roads unbeliveable. Fixed the annoying hatch rattle and now easy to remove rear cover. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. Gas mileage sucks. But what is perfect in life? If money is an issue you don't deserve to drive this truck, sorry...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.