Used 2006 BMW X5 4.4i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

2006 X5 4.4
By Rick

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Leased the beast for 36mo with 3 months remaining. Prior SUV was the Infiniti FX45...X5 is superior in all aspects. No pops, leaks, squeaks or rattles...not one repair. Still drives like new. A perfect all around SUV that performed very well on our icy mountain roads. Average 18mpg. I hope to buyout this X5 at lease end.

Heated steering wheel, X drive.

2007 model took care of any shortcomings.

Everything BMW does well and poorly
By Pleasanton

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the following items serviced since I have owned the vehicle - valley pan, panoramic moonroof, and AC headunit. All items were covered under warranty. The interior personal space is extremely generous. The door openings are large and make getting small children in and out of car seats very easy. Rear cargo area is somewhat limited as a result however. I do like the clamshell hatch. Driving this vehicle is so much fun. It handles like a sedan and has plenty of power. It puts a smile on my face every time I get in. The styling is timeless, subtle but distinctive, I love it. The CPO warty, extd service, BMW 2 payments, and 0.9% financing made this a very attractive purchase.

4.4L V8, Handling, Panoramic moonroof, Styling, 19" sport wheels, Exhaust note, Clamshell hatch, BMW service, extended warranty. Driving experience!

Eliminate the tape player w/ Navigation, Move the CD changer up to the front, Eliminate the redundant hot cold dial and dual temperature zone controls. Improve fuel economy (not bad, not great 17mpg).

BMW X5 4.4
By AFGSKY

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Terrific vehicle, just love the way that it grips the road. The seating position and all of the gauges, and instruments are perfectly located.

The comfort seats perfectly contour to your personal settings and are really supportive on a long drive.

On cloud nine!
By Maggie

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After 6 months of research, I finally decided on the 4.4 X5. I am soo happy with my decision. I really feel the X5 is the top. I was driving a 2004 Grand Cherokee, and it can not even compare, except for I can no longer go 4- wheeling on the beach. On the highway it handles just like the 530 and is quicker.

Navigation, Blue Tooth, Panoramic sunroof, rear seat recline, heated steering wheel just to name a few.

Cup holders!! They are better than the ones in my 2002 530i, at least I can fit one cup in them, but they are not that functional.

I love my new X5!
By Jim

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the looks of the body shape, love the sporty wheels available, love the navigation system, and love the power of the 4.4 liter engine. Whatta beast! When you say MOVE, it MOVES!

Navigation system! Wow! Very handy!

Move the locking button from the center console in front of the drink holders to an easily reachable position on BOTH the driver's and passnenger's doors. And provide TWO different buttons on each door for locking and unlocking instead of only one button for both functions.