2006 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Pleasure to drive
By suzy on 06/30/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd BMW and my favorite. (also have a 318 and 540)This SAV handles like a dream, the rumble of the awesome 4.8 L is amazing to hear. And talk about fast, my 540 is fast it has a 4.4, but this thing is neck breaking quick! The tires on this thing are monsters, very intense looking, the interior is roomy and very comfy and well appointed, I just love this vehicle! I like the clam shell hatch, it is more functional then I thought it would be. The radio is fantastic, I find the on board computer/navigation easy to use, don't know why some people complain they must not be very smart! I have the LeMans blue, it is beautiful! If you want speed, beauty, comfort, and great handling, buy one!

Muscle Car SUV
By Greens on 06/23/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My X5 4.8is truly combines luxury and sport. This car sounds like a Porsche 911 on the outside and like a Bentley on the inside. I don't need it for commuting so it gets to sleep in the garage most of the week. But when it is time to play, it is rested and ready. It hugs you and the road nicely. Although I have loved the X5 look for years, I never thought the 3.0 had enough kick so 355 hp was the perfect remedy. I'm not using it off- road but it will tow some toys. With 4 years and 45k miles I went ahead and purchased a 60 month 60k mile (additional)B-2-B warranty for $3k as I have heard that some of the regular repairs can get costly.

2006 BMW X5
By fikas on 01/19/07 23:04 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

A perfect car! Awesome. If you need a big sports car, you will never find a better one than this 4.8is. Its acceleration is shocking, brakes, steering and everything. Don't hesitate to get one.

Repeat Customer
By redrocket on 08/01/06 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd BMW and this absolutely the best so far. There was no question as to what car to purchase when we wanted a new vehicle. As an added bonus, BMW has improved this model with better mileage, better handling and a few interior changes such as the huge sun/moonroof, (my last one was identical but 4.6is). I enjoy driving this car because it is so safe, solid, comfortable and responsive. I like the SAV aspect because I can fold the back seats to accommodate my bicycle or opt to put a rack on the rear. I would recommend this car to everyone.

X5, The Other Side Of SUV`s
By Diego on 10/04/05 01:50 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving, and I mean driving, searching for the limits of my car in a twisty road that I have to take to go to work everyday, but I have never driven something like my brand new BMW X5is. It is powerful enough to climb any place I want, and it can go offroad with style too, but that`s not what this car is about. This thing is just perfect for those who seek true sports car performance and need a little more room in the rear seat plus go offroad some times.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.