2006 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
very intriguing sav
By minghi on 02/12/11 05:54 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased it exactly 15 months ago as a cpo with the 6yr/100k warranty but hardly ever needed it during the 30k i put on it. very few things have gone wrong like a minor rattle from the engine bay turning out to be a/c fan plastic clips and failed driver side window switch after i left it open in rain by mistake (my fault). dealer fixed both, no questions asked. other than that, its been excellent & trouble free and i've taken it on numerous long trips since i owned it. the interior comfort and materials fit & finish is top notch and exterior looks good too. I've the 3.0i which has excellent low end torque (take off) but OK highway torque (you need to step up to the bigger v8s for better)

BMW X5 Rocks!
By snife77 on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and after 3 months of research I bought this used X5 with almost all bells and whistles. Lot of heads turn when you drive around the town. The ride is phenomenal and feel the comfort immediately. Excellent safety features and you can see it immediately when you open the door which is HEAVY with plenty of steel bars inside. Though its a SUV it rides like a car and the performance is awesome and never felt this on any other SUV like ML or Lexus. BMW is a BMW and its King on the road!

The first of many!
By Lauren on 04/22/10 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I LOVE IT! It's tight handling and turning radius are superior to even the sports car I previously owned. The ride is smooth and it has plenty of get-up and go! It has just enough space, not too much, not to little and I love the winter package. The heated seats and stearing wheel are amazing. I do not have the in dash navigation, which I prefer as my CD player is in the dash. The in dash display does still have many of the monitoring features, such as the ave gas mpg, distance/time trip settings, etc. Clean lines and great handling! I will always have a BMW!

My Baby
By Ben on 12/18/09 07:50 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car since new. It comes with Premium, Sport, Rear Climate Packages. It is a 10/05 production. I have enjoyed the premium package with the great leather and the rear shades are great! But the sport package is great when on smooth roads only when on rough roads, it gets a little bumpy. But nonetheless, I do like the self leveling suspension and air shocks that come with that. I have not had to fix anything just regular oil changes all covered under warranty, for the first four years. Now it is out of warranty and had to replace the thermostat. Not too bad knock on wood. But overall I love driving it!

BMW 2006 X5
By Jason Hoppa on 11/24/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best vehicle that I have ever owned. We now have 2 BMW's. Very reliable and great in any weather.

No regrets so far...
By Ralph Whitsitt on 11/04/09 10:07 AM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got a great deal on an '06 X5 and took the plunge purchasing my first BMW. It's amazing how smooth and quiet the vehicle is at highway speeds compared to the Ford Explorer and Jeep Cherokee I owned previously. Granted, the tires probably have a lot to do with that, but engine and wind noise are way lower too. Love the grunt that the 3.0 inline six delivers--it loves to rev!! I was a little concerned about the gas mileage, but it's been a big improvement over the Explorer, getting 23 or 24 mpg for pure highway driving. Premium unleaded can get a bit expensive when prices are up and synthetic oil drives up the cost of oil changes, but so far I'm dealing with it and loving the way it drives!

The best car yet...
By samsam on 08/28/09 12:08 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchase CPO with only 28K on it. Absolutely love it. You can't beat BMW CPO - they had the car ready in mint condition, the warranty is excellent, and I still have over 20K left on included maintenance and 0.9% financing (unheard of for CPO!). The X5 handles like a dream and I personally think this model is better looking than the redesign in 2007. The interior is top notch and the power seems way stronger than the HP rating - that speaks to great engineering. No rattles, solid like a tank. I'm actually getting up to 26mpg on highway trips and 18mpg average overall.

Great Ride
By Ken on 06/26/09 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second BMW, the first was a 328xi, and although this doesn't have the same get up and go it definitely drives better than any other SUV on the market.

My third BMW and still loving them
By Jim on 04/03/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have not found another vehicle that matches the BMW standards and driving comfort. I have driven vehicles from most brand names on the market. I have compared all features with a lot of disappointments. I still have found very little disappointment in BMW. Those that complain have to completed there homework. Once you drive one its hard to drive anything else.

Wish i can return it!
By arcellie on 01/13/09 18:31 PM (PST)

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's my first BMW, i was excited at first to drive it but when it reached its 38,000 miles it gave me a lot of trouble, engine wouldn't start at all. Dealer changed the alternator and battery. Every time I drive this car I'm nervous because it might cause trouble again. NO DOUBT it happened again today after 5 months with 43,000 miles, the car stop at the road during winter time while I'm driving, unable to start it, tried multiple times, battery is totally dead and it has to be towed again in the dealership. This is my only car and I used it for work, I'm totally upset about its inconvenience! I wish I can return this car to BMW, it's a lemon car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.