VERY DISAPPOINTED
By toughguy30 on
2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
Ok I just bought my SUV used from BMW with 53K miles on it. I bought the extended warranty. Its a week and already needs brake, tire pressure keeps coming on, the brake lights on, there are 2 hoses that need to be replaced, the washer fluid is leaking, the bushings need to be replaced and the rear windshield wiper needs to be replaced (not working). The repairs at BMW are over $2500. I went back to the dealer and they said its not covered under the 90 NYS warranty and the extended warranty doesn't kick in for 30 days or 1,000 miles which ever comes first. I had 2 Acura's and a Saab and never had these kind of issues. It seems at 50K miles these cars are a nightmare. Made a huge mistake!!
Favorite Features
Does ride nice, seats are comfortable. The GPS is very antiquated and NOT user friendly. The car is very tight and drives nice
Suggested Improvements
Needs to make the buttons on the door easier to reach. Impossible to reach when the door is closed. Also it seems the wear items on the car wear out at 50K miles. This includes brakes, hoses, bushings, suspension etc. The car costs $1000's of dollars in repairs and maintainence once you get to 50K. I wish I knew better going into this purchase!!
By toughguy30
on 04/04/12 12:08 PM (PDT)

Ok let me also add I just got it back after all the reported repairs and the Sunroom wouldn't close this weekend. Brought it in to BMW and the Panorama Sunroom needs some sort transfer repair kit Uh $1900 more So having owned a $70K car with ONLY 50K miles on it I have had to plunk down close to $7000 in repairs. What else? Its nuts that a car with 50K needs this much work? EVERY other car I ever owned had less issues at 50K. NEVER EVER AGAIN!! Back to Acura I go!!