My BMW
By Len51 on
2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I always had a 4runner which I loved but I wanted to move up to BMW and keep my SUV feel so I purchased a BMW x5. I love it. The drive is smooth and the 3.01 has a lot of kick on the freeway. On long drives the interior is comfortable and relaxing. The seat memory is a great feature. The ride is smooth and a blast to drive. Steering is steady and it handles great changing lanes and on unexpected moves. The option to drive in the sport mode makes a fun change when you are bored. The gas mileage isn't great but what I expected for an SUV and when I purchased it. The price was not much more that any other high end SUVS and I feel like I got maximum value.
Favorite Features
Power everything and the onboard computer. The dual air controls are a must and ability to drive in sports mode is fun. The back window automatically locks when you lightly lower it and the computer tells you everything so you always feel safe. The 4 year maintenance is great.
Suggested Improvements
Make the 12 disc changer standard and a bigger glove box. There's a little blind spot when you look over your shoulder so improvement can be made in the design to eliminate that.