2005 BMW X5 Consumer Review: lemon x5 4.8is

2005 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Review

lemon x5 4.8is
By ak on

2005 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third BMW and I would not go for BMW again. Sometime the back door locks won't open and we cannot open the back door from inside or outside. Kids can be trap inside the car unless they climb to the front seat. The steering wheel get stiff from time to time. Self leveling light is always on. In the winter the lock freeze easily thus impossible to open or close. The motor rattles too much on a cold days. I went to the dealers many times and they have no clue what is going on. The computer cant pick anything up. This is a 80 k truck and it made like crap. I certainly wouldn't try another BMW again. All German car don't seem to know how to design electronic properly.

Leather seats, inside and outside design. The drive when it is working properly. Which is only 75% of the time.

FIX the problem and acknowledge the electronic faulty system. Fire all engineers that design the electronic system and revamp the whole BMW concept. I have had 3 BMW and all of them has electronic issues.
By allen47
on 01/21/11 04:58 AM (PST)

Hi I have the same problem with my back doors can you tell me how you fixed this?