BMW X5 is truly the Best!
By Tboogie on
2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Had my 2002 X5 for 3 years. Never had a mechanic problem with it in the entire time I had it! Most of you must have problems from the new X-Drive. Mine drove like a well oiled machine. No rattles, nothing! Just months into turning her in, I was reended on the highway by a driver who never saw the traffic had come to a full stop. (He was fighting with his wife!) My X5 never moved from the impact which could have easily become a multi-car disaster. In fact, the X5 is so solid I didn't realize how bad it was until I got out to check on the damage. His car was totalled! How much damage did my X5 received? I had a few scratches buffed before turning that baby in.
Favorite Features
X5 exudes confidence and command of the road, ride on dry or wet pavement is effortless. Fun to drive. Free Schedule maintenance. SAFETY FEATURES! If it wasn't for my love of the 7 series, I would have easily have gone for another X5! Strongly recommended! Try it you won't regret it!
Suggested Improvements
Attn X5 drivers: There are a lot of complaints about the "noisy rear cover flap". I learned that happens when both latches on both ends haven't made contact. You're only catching one end. That's why it rattles and why the trunk open light comes on. Correct the way you close it and you'll see.