Used 2005 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
I love my x5
By lisa palumbo on 03/19/05 17:28 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is fun to drive, handles great, very comfortable and has great visibility. It feels strong, and I feel safe in it. The only downfall is the fuel economy. I'm always at the gas pump. The onboard computer reads 16.9 mpg, however the floating needle is pinned at 8 mpg every time I accelerate, and levels off around 12. A small price to pay for a great vehicle. I also don't agree with the small cargo coments. There is plenty of room back there.

The Dragon of SUVs
By Bimman on 03/16/05 11:47 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I picked up my 4.8is at the BMW performance center what a treat. A must do for all BMW perfomance buyers. Drove back to NJ and I'll say this SAV has the mustard of a M5 and more. With the comfort seats installed an eleven hour drive seemed like 2 hours. Average mpg was 19.2 at 85 mph Awesome performance and handling. The best auto I've driven in years.

Not worth the payments
By Lauren Collins on 03/15/05 15:32 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car expecting a luxury product. The car has not run correctly since driving it off the lot. It has been at the dealer 5 times in 6 months. Customer service is condescending and not willing to offer any kind of compensation to back up their product. I would never buy another BMW product not worth the payments. Also BMW assist can not help you unlock your doors, better off buying a Chevy.

I've had 3 and this is the best yet
By Ken Feingold on 03/11/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 3 BMW X 5's in a row; My first was a 2000 3 litre which was very good but lacked a bit of punch, I then got the 4.4 litre 2003 which was great but then I upgraded to the 2004 with the full glass roof, the new engine and transmission and it is better. It is great in the snow, handles really well and brakes that way too. The fuel economy is not even good but it is slightly better than my previous 4.4 litre. The premium seats are terrific and the sound system is up to snuff. So who cares if the look is a bit stodgy and could use a real redo. Please BMW don't kill it looks wise like you did my beloved 540i or I'll finally have to go to the competition.

i love this car
By btombraidergold on 02/24/05 08:06 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

this is a car that is comfortable, and not too big or not too small. exterior is good looking as well as the interior.

2005 X-5 4.4i Sport Model
By T.J. on 02/20/05 00:14 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 2004 with just Premium package, so I upgraded to the sport model. Best of both worlds, great in snow and ice and still drives like a sports car on dry road conditions.

Well worth the extra $$
By alex on 02/19/05 01:44 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Seriously now!! I test drove about ten SUVs - I can't believe anyone would pick anything else than the BMW after comparing it!!! It's in a class of its own.

this car saved my life
By poopsie on 02/04/05 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I live north of Toronto, Canada, a very icy winter day, I had to take a detour and went down a snowy, icy hill directly into the path of a mercedes turned sideways, the BMW X5, used its threshhold braking to stop the vehicle without sliding miraculously I just drove around the mercedes like nothing happened. I love this SUV!! It looks great too!!

My First BMW Experience
By J Mandava on 02/04/05 09:30 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW purchase. I have to say...This is the Ultimate Driving Machine. Everything I expected in a BMW, I have in my new X5.

Luv It!
By peter on 01/13/05 19:37 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best handling and stable vehicle I've ever owned. Excellent in panic stops and accident avoidence. Overall, ....... the safest I've ever felt in a vehicle.