Used 2005 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

OK
By cabinduncan12

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The BMW X5 is a great car to drive on the highway, but is completely unsafe to drive in the snow, even with snow tires. The rear wheel drive is too unreliable. The seats in the front of the SUV are comfortable for about 20 minutes, but after that, your back will get sore. The back seats are too stiff, for there is no siding for your back, and no grip.

Body of the car, and first impression on appearance.

More comfortable seating, better grip on icy/snowy roads

Extraordinary!
By Mimi

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new BMW X3 2006 this february, and had a very bad crash in which the car was totalled. I only suffered from whiplash for 3 days. If it had not been for the amazing new safety system of this car and the frame, i would not be writing here. So I made my decision that I will only drive BMW cars, which left me again with the decision: should I buy a new X3 again or should I upgrade and buy a used 2005 X5? I went with the latter option, and I am completely in love with the car! So much bigger inside than the X3it makes you feel even safer to drive, and the drive, outstanding - I have the sportspackage. I really love it!

Great Choice
By John M

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I purchased our X5 3.0 in time for our first child. Although we purchased due to the outstanding safety features, we have found the performance and handling to be very handy in everyday driving. We are so happy with our purchase that we are already considering a second BMW in the near furture.

The best BMW I have owned
By Rick

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It does not get any better than the X5 4.4. Pleanty of power, handles great. I have the sports package with 19 inch wheels. It is a wonderfully handling car. I have had absolutely no problems with it. It even gets better mileage than my 02 X5 3.0.

I like the nav system and bluetooth phone link. I mostly like the power

I would like to see a high performance tire that would not only be good on dry and wet pavement, but also ice and snow. I would also like a touch screen nav system

Excellent
By smith

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was one of the best cars I have ever driven. I reccomend this for all suv drivers thinking about buying one of the safest cars out there and also with a little speed built in to it to. German built cars is the way to go with their quality performance and styling.