2005 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Best SUV if you are coming off a sports
By Patti on 04/13/05 17:44 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I found the X5 to perform much like a sports car and not like your standard SUV. The handling was supreme to any other SUV I had test rode. The step up height is low and the size of the vehicle was not overwhelming like the american made models. I love this truck!

GPS Much to be desired
By Lucy on 04/12/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car drives like a dream. Much like the 528 I had before. Only GPS leaves much to be desired. Unable to see the screen in sun light. Works best at night. Had the car in for this problem. Was told nothing could be done about it.Very disappointed. The GPS on the toyota is superior to that of the BMW.

Awesome
By chad on 04/09/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Roomy, fun to drive, feels very very safe. has tons of power and speed. Poor fuel economy though, but when you step up to this machine what's fuel economy...

Totally Unreliable!
By dr d. hill on 04/05/05 18:34 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Fun car to drive! No fun in the snow with 4.4i Sport package. Electrical nightmare! Check Fog lights continues to menace us after "fixing" the problem four times by Phil Winslow BMW, Colorado Springs. Ashtray rattles, armrests squeak, rear storage cover flimsy, on-board computer on the blink, door locks faulty, rear heated seats faulty, ghost in the rear view mirrors, steering wheel whines when turning, tailgate locks after opening then closing doors, small and very expensive. First and last BMW I will ever own! Just recently bought a Lexus GX470. What service. I should have never left Toyota/Lexus!

Pleasure
By Jess on 03/30/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I use this as a 2nd vehicle but always looking for ways to drive it more. Just took it on long drive. What a great ride, cruising at high speed always felt solid. Hit some very heavy rain handles superb. May upgrade to the 4.4

Fun to drive
By GEORGE on 03/23/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very reliable on all terrains, great handling.

Trans. Problem
By A. AS on 03/22/05 08:24 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love this bmw, The only problem I experienced is the trans. IT slams very hard into first gear when coming into yield sign then accelerating. It sounds like somebody has rear ended my vehicle. The dealer is working with BMW to see if it can be fixed.

like a slot car
By john duhamell on 03/22/05 00:42 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

fast, awd with select shift, holds 5 easy, runs 130 just like you're doing 65 and looks great.

I love my x5
By lisa palumbo on 03/19/05 17:28 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is fun to drive, handles great, very comfortable and has great visibility. It feels strong, and I feel safe in it. The only downfall is the fuel economy. I'm always at the gas pump. The onboard computer reads 16.9 mpg, however the floating needle is pinned at 8 mpg every time I accelerate, and levels off around 12. A small price to pay for a great vehicle. I also don't agree with the small cargo coments. There is plenty of room back there.

The Dragon of SUVs
By Bimman on 03/16/05 11:47 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I picked up my 4.8is at the BMW performance center what a treat. A must do for all BMW perfomance buyers. Drove back to NJ and I'll say this SAV has the mustard of a M5 and more. With the comfort seats installed an eleven hour drive seemed like 2 hours. Average mpg was 19.2 at 85 mph Awesome performance and handling. The best auto I've driven in years.