2005 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews 8

2005 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
BMW X5 3.0 automatic
By Rona on 04/27/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the vehicle. Had a few minor issues with aesthetics (i.e. door handle on passenger door was peeling), BMW fixed it without hesitation - while giving me a loaner car. Not to mention - they detailed it for me before I got it back! Service is awesome.

The Ultimate SUV
By jlspade on 04/14/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I sold my 2004 Lexus RX330 to buy the BMW X5 as a business vehicle at the end of 2004, I was concerned that it would not drive as smoothly as the Lexus. It is not only smooth, but handles great around town and on the freeways. Excellent power to manuever around any obstacle. The only thing I miss about the Lexus is the 6 disk in- dash CD player and the rear power door. The X5 is an excellent pick in the midrange SUV category.

Best SUV if you are coming off a sports
By Patti on 04/13/05 17:44 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I found the X5 to perform much like a sports car and not like your standard SUV. The handling was supreme to any other SUV I had test rode. The step up height is low and the size of the vehicle was not overwhelming like the american made models. I love this truck!

GPS Much to be desired
By Lucy on 04/12/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car drives like a dream. Much like the 528 I had before. Only GPS leaves much to be desired. Unable to see the screen in sun light. Works best at night. Had the car in for this problem. Was told nothing could be done about it.Very disappointed. The GPS on the toyota is superior to that of the BMW.

Awesome
By chad on 04/09/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Roomy, fun to drive, feels very very safe. has tons of power and speed. Poor fuel economy though, but when you step up to this machine what's fuel economy...

Totally Unreliable!
By dr d. hill on 04/05/05 18:34 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Fun car to drive! No fun in the snow with 4.4i Sport package. Electrical nightmare! Check Fog lights continues to menace us after "fixing" the problem four times by Phil Winslow BMW, Colorado Springs. Ashtray rattles, armrests squeak, rear storage cover flimsy, on-board computer on the blink, door locks faulty, rear heated seats faulty, ghost in the rear view mirrors, steering wheel whines when turning, tailgate locks after opening then closing doors, small and very expensive. First and last BMW I will ever own! Just recently bought a Lexus GX470. What service. I should have never left Toyota/Lexus!

Pleasure
By Jess on 03/30/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I use this as a 2nd vehicle but always looking for ways to drive it more. Just took it on long drive. What a great ride, cruising at high speed always felt solid. Hit some very heavy rain handles superb. May upgrade to the 4.4

Fun to drive
By GEORGE on 03/23/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very reliable on all terrains, great handling.

Trans. Problem
By A. AS on 03/22/05 08:24 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love this bmw, The only problem I experienced is the trans. IT slams very hard into first gear when coming into yield sign then accelerating. It sounds like somebody has rear ended my vehicle. The dealer is working with BMW to see if it can be fixed.

like a slot car
By john duhamell on 03/22/05 00:42 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

fast, awd with select shift, holds 5 easy, runs 130 just like you're doing 65 and looks great.