2005 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
MY THIRD X-5
By Ron Johnson on 06/15/05 05:27 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third X-5. I just could not justify buiying any other kind of vehicle. It is comfortable, conservative and performs well in all weather. It provides class without being opulent. BMW's refined I-6 represents a combination of smoothness, performance and durability. I get as high as 25 MPG on the highway. Sirius Radio is excellent as is Bluetooth and navigation system. Even after being on the market for six years, the model still gets looks. I find cargo space adequate for my use. Seats are best in class. Don't look just at specs...this car is a "driver." If you spend a day with the X-5, you will fall in love. It becomes like a comfortable shoe. You never want to get out of it.

My X5 exceeded my expectations!
By Lori on 06/13/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my X5! It is a great truck to drive! It has the ability of a truck with great power and capacity; but it has the comfort of a car. The engine is quiet, but it has get-up-and-go! Fuel econmy isn't the greatest, but not bad for a truck! I love that I can listen to cds... but cassettes sound just as good with the stereo system! I'm amazed by the X5!

Satisfied BMW Owner
By cwc4 on 06/11/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Attracted by appearance and reputation of quality. Owned several Ford Exployers. We are completely satisfied with ride and appearance. No maintenance problems. 36K miles and still rides smooth and solid.

bought a second one
By owned two on 06/05/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second X-5. This time I got the 4.4 vs the 3.0 last time . Very impressed with the difference in performance with the new I drive and engine. Performance center pickup a must to see what this vehicle can do. Overall gas mileage is better than the 3 liter, average 16.9 mpg overall

Fun to drive SUV
By Jeffrey on 05/26/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just owned this car for 1 week and really like it. It is SUV but feels like a sport sedan. I test drove 2004 X5 and it wasn't as good as 2005. I owned Lexus RX 300 before and it was an excellent car however no comparison with X5.

BMW X5 is truly the Best!
By Tboogie on 05/21/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had my 2002 X5 for 3 years. Never had a mechanic problem with it in the entire time I had it! Most of you must have problems from the new X-Drive. Mine drove like a well oiled machine. No rattles, nothing! Just months into turning her in, I was reended on the highway by a driver who never saw the traffic had come to a full stop. (He was fighting with his wife!) My X5 never moved from the impact which could have easily become a multi-car disaster. In fact, the X5 is so solid I didn't realize how bad it was until I got out to check on the damage. His car was totalled! How much damage did my X5 received? I had a few scratches buffed before turning that baby in.

I love this SAV
By 5Xwen on 05/12/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this SAV or SUV or car or whatever you want to call it. The ride is all BMW, great feel, power, steering, braking and handling. Plus you sit up high, have ample storage, and 4 wheel versatility. I compared it against Lexus GX/RX, Infinity FX35/45, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes ML, Volve XC90, VW Touraeg, Acura MDX, Range Rover LR3 and others. Lots of good choices - but the X5 looked the best and handled the best - which are my top priorities. Add the top safety rating, awesome resale value and dependability and you get the winner.

2001 BMW X5
By dmsandlin on 05/01/05 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle used to try it out and I absolutely love it. I hope to buy or lease a new one in the future. I am definitely sold on the BMW X5.

BMW X5 3.0 automatic
By Rona on 04/27/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the vehicle. Had a few minor issues with aesthetics (i.e. door handle on passenger door was peeling), BMW fixed it without hesitation - while giving me a loaner car. Not to mention - they detailed it for me before I got it back! Service is awesome.

The Ultimate SUV
By jlspade on 04/14/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I sold my 2004 Lexus RX330 to buy the BMW X5 as a business vehicle at the end of 2004, I was concerned that it would not drive as smoothly as the Lexus. It is not only smooth, but handles great around town and on the freeways. Excellent power to manuever around any obstacle. The only thing I miss about the Lexus is the 6 disk in- dash CD player and the rear power door. The X5 is an excellent pick in the midrange SUV category.