2005 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
I love this car!
By Laura on 08/11/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I saved for 2 years to buy this car and am so VERY happy I did. I love everything about it. I have the Xeon headlights, they're one of the best features. It is fun to drive, feels safe and looks great!

2003 X5 BMW
By Donnie R. Johnson on 08/09/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have truly enjoyed driving my X5. Even though it is almost three years old, I have such a good time I feel like it is brand new. I purchased the extended warranty and I have even more peace of mind driving it, knowng I don't have to consider costly repairs. This is my first BMW, however it will definitely not be my last! Driving this BMW is certaintly the ultimate driving experience. Job well done BMW of USA!

wow !!!! must have
By regan r on 08/05/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a ride!!! Before I had a Lexus RX300 but by no means can you compare the Lexus to the BMW X5. The X5 has excellent power, pickup and it is quite easy to control. When you step on the gas she fly off and when you call for the brake she stops.

just can't beat it
By trupr on 07/27/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my x5. This is my second one and it is hard to beat. I don't want a large SUV that is hard to park and sounds like a truck. This is as close to a car as you can get and still be safe and higher off the ground. It handles like sports cars I have driven and is still sporty. I will be glad when they change the body to something fresh and new.

Wonderfully fun to drive
By Sherri on 07/14/05 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

but I wish it had more cargo room in the rear. I had debated between the Lexus 330 and the X5 and the power of the X5 made the decision. Fantastic pick up on the interstate, decent gas mileage for an SUV and so much fun to drive. Would love to see the cargo area improved, but hate to compromise the rear passenger comfort. Great car!

What a nice SUV
By Rex Siu on 07/07/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first X5, own '03 530i currently as well, love the inline 6 engine. Haven't tried other SUV before testing this one, read a lot of reviews from Edmunds and decided to try it, bought it. Overall, very pleased with this X5, handling very well, so fun to drive and feel very safe. Feels little stiff even without sport package.

Great SUV
By RJ on 06/29/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Coming from a Lexus, this is a giant step up. It's fun to drive, has a lot of power and the service agreement can not be matched. Combines luxury and performance in an SUV.

BMW X5 ROCKS!!!!
By bmw x5 is the best on 06/25/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

bmw x5 is the best out of all the suvs. If you want a comfortable sav or suv bmw x5 is your choice for safety, technology, comfort, and a fun drive. It might get pricey but it's worth it. Also the fuel economy is not that good but it's ok for a strong car like this. If you want a strong and fun suv BMW x5 is the best choice!

Ultimate Driving SUV
By birdman on 06/23/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned 4 Jeep Cherokees in my life and have really enjoyed the layout and size. But Jeep service dept. and reliability is very bad. The X5 is the next step up. Very similar size, and layout inside, so I felt comfortable right away in the new BMW. The jump from a Cherokee to an X5 is like going from Coach to first class. It's not just a little nicer, it's a whole different world. The car feels like luxury, and drives like a sports car. I'm looking forward to puting it to work in the snow this season. The weight and stability of this SUV is impressive, unlike any other I've tried. The only downside so far is the towing cabability is weak.

A real SAV
By R Short on 06/21/05 20:36 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After driving a SUV for 15 years it was a true experience to purchase the X5. The ride is supperb, the gas mileage is acceptable, the handling is outstanding, and from this past winter the control in ice and snow is unbelievable. I tried to put this X5 into a spin or slide and could not make the vehicle loose any control. What a pleasure.