2005 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews 6

2005 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
From 325xi to X5 4.4i - Wow!
By hermeston on 08/21/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2002 325xi on a new 4.4i about a week ago and have been very impressed. Power is great, the 6- speed automatic is silky smooth and the navigation system is top-notch. Interior space is fantastic, controls logically placed, finish is superb - what I've come to expect from BMW. And so far, 18 mpg in mixed driving. Not bad for a 315 hp V8!

Fabulous SUV
By Jeanne on 08/20/05 08:45 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We are completely satisified with our X5. It handles perfectly and we are very happy the options we chose (sport & luxury packages).

I love this car!
By Laura on 08/11/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I saved for 2 years to buy this car and am so VERY happy I did. I love everything about it. I have the Xeon headlights, they're one of the best features. It is fun to drive, feels safe and looks great!

2003 X5 BMW
By Donnie R. Johnson on 08/09/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have truly enjoyed driving my X5. Even though it is almost three years old, I have such a good time I feel like it is brand new. I purchased the extended warranty and I have even more peace of mind driving it, knowng I don't have to consider costly repairs. This is my first BMW, however it will definitely not be my last! Driving this BMW is certaintly the ultimate driving experience. Job well done BMW of USA!

wow !!!! must have
By regan r on 08/05/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a ride!!! Before I had a Lexus RX300 but by no means can you compare the Lexus to the BMW X5. The X5 has excellent power, pickup and it is quite easy to control. When you step on the gas she fly off and when you call for the brake she stops.

just can't beat it
By trupr on 07/27/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my x5. This is my second one and it is hard to beat. I don't want a large SUV that is hard to park and sounds like a truck. This is as close to a car as you can get and still be safe and higher off the ground. It handles like sports cars I have driven and is still sporty. I will be glad when they change the body to something fresh and new.

Wonderfully fun to drive
By Sherri on 07/14/05 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

but I wish it had more cargo room in the rear. I had debated between the Lexus 330 and the X5 and the power of the X5 made the decision. Fantastic pick up on the interstate, decent gas mileage for an SUV and so much fun to drive. Would love to see the cargo area improved, but hate to compromise the rear passenger comfort. Great car!

What a nice SUV
By Rex Siu on 07/07/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first X5, own '03 530i currently as well, love the inline 6 engine. Haven't tried other SUV before testing this one, read a lot of reviews from Edmunds and decided to try it, bought it. Overall, very pleased with this X5, handling very well, so fun to drive and feel very safe. Feels little stiff even without sport package.

Great SUV
By RJ on 06/29/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Coming from a Lexus, this is a giant step up. It's fun to drive, has a lot of power and the service agreement can not be matched. Combines luxury and performance in an SUV.

BMW X5 ROCKS!!!!
By bmw x5 is the best on 06/25/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

bmw x5 is the best out of all the suvs. If you want a comfortable sav or suv bmw x5 is your choice for safety, technology, comfort, and a fun drive. It might get pricey but it's worth it. Also the fuel economy is not that good but it's ok for a strong car like this. If you want a strong and fun suv BMW x5 is the best choice!