Used 2005 BMW X5 3.0i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Extraordinary!
By Mimi

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new BMW X3 2006 this february, and had a very bad crash in which the car was totalled. I only suffered from whiplash for 3 days. If it had not been for the amazing new safety system of this car and the frame, i would not be writing here. So I made my decision that I will only drive BMW cars, which left me again with the decision: should I buy a new X3 again or should I upgrade and buy a used 2005 X5? I went with the latter option, and I am completely in love with the car! So much bigger inside than the X3it makes you feel even safer to drive, and the drive, outstanding - I have the sportspackage. I really love it!

Great Choice
By John M

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I purchased our X5 3.0 in time for our first child. Although we purchased due to the outstanding safety features, we have found the performance and handling to be very handy in everyday driving. We are so happy with our purchase that we are already considering a second BMW in the near furture.

I need longer road trips!
By ILoveMyX5

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This SUV blew away all of my expectations. It is extremely comfortable, ultra sporty and very practical. I love this vehicle! It works seamlessly with my iPod and Bluetooth cell phone. I conduct business from my vehicle and this SUV allows me to conduct it with style and success. I cruise across the state to meetings and arrive feeling refreshed and ready for business. The safety features on this car will ensure that I arrive unharmed. It takes corners like a sports car and "floats" down the highway. Before you buy any SUV, you should test this one out!! Excellent vehicle!!!

Driver seat comfort, ergonomics, iPod interface, Bluetooth capability and style.

Needs better cupholders!!

Not what I expected from a BMW.
By 1'stBMW

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have just about 14,000 miles on my X5. Not aerodynamically designed... if it is windy and i'm traveling faster than 70 miles, there is a whistling noise coming from the front of the windshield. The luggage compartment cover is also rather annoying due to it's rattling. This is not what I had expected from a BMW.

One X5 is enough
By Kay

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had my 2002 X5 since new. At 3000 miles experienced overheating problems. At 17000 miles the entire HVAC unit had to be replaced-water flooding the interior P/S. Speedo has a 5mph error (slow) that I was told was inherent in BMWs - dealer quote "BMW does not want their owners driving too fast". I/P center stack has a severe rattle at the radio cover, console has a severe rattle at the cupholder cover, to date the dealer has not been able to repair either. When I use the heated seats the headlamps dim. Steering is very heavy feeling, difficult in tight, low- speed turning. Would not recommend this car to anyone.

Driver's commanding view. Great feel. Handling in snow.

Dealer education on difficult issues. Assembly plant quality.