Used 2005 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Great Car
By goodx5

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this new in 2005 and have 110,000 miles on it now. Was in the shop a few times right after we bought it, but it hasn't been back (other than scheduled maintenance) since. The car is incredibly reliable and is as solid as a rock. You can tell the build quality and safety by the weight of the doors. Great heated seats, panorama sunroof, and comfort. Holds up to wear and tear very well driving around three busy sons. Definitely would buy another.

Sunroof, heated seats/steering wheel, leather, pick- up.

Sun glare on radio display.

Like it a lot!
By JAXman

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got a heck of a deal compared to blue book pricing - This car has been great. Love the sleek design, big sunroof and great handling. Unfortunately I've already learned that it performs well in side impact. The fuel economy is not great but a little better than advertised. I think that on the highway I average about 25mpg. In the city about 18. If you drive it nice it's not terrible. Lots of room for all passengers and luggage. This car really is about as close to perfect as I could hope for - I think when I trade I will do so for a 2010 X5 Diesel in 2-3 years. Woo hoo for more fuel economy.

Sun Roof, Steering wheel controls, Seat Warmer, Steering Wheel Warmer

Wish my bluetooth phone was able to be linked. Wish I had the navigation. I am going to purchase an after market nav unit with bluetooth as soon as I have 2000 extra bucks.

"Certified" means nothing
By sad customer

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW to ever own and was super excited when we were told it was ours. However, after being told several times that when you buy "certified" it is like buying brand new. After 1 month, brake pads are grinding. After 3 months, oil, brake, and coolant lights all come on. The motor for the mirrors breaks and to top it all off...the BMW logo on the front of the car falls right off. I do live in Tx and I know it's hot, but really? I am trying to get rid of it now. Oh, and the best part, it did qualify as a "Cash for Clunker" vehicle. Great!

It has the name "BMW."

There are not enough characters to state my improvements.

BMW Lover
By BMW Lover

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i purchased my x5 used and love it. fun to drive. had no problem so far.

sport car like handling

front door handles and control buttons location

Better than all the rest.
By bennette

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle truly lives up to its nickname the ultimate driving machine. From the time I first sat in this vehicle it has done nothing but impress me. I love to drive it, I find myself making excuses to run errands just to drive it. Also I have not one problem. I will only drive BMW's from now on.

The way it handles when driving in the city or on the highway.

More cargo space.