2005 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
New to me X5
By steveo on 02/14/07 07:39 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a couple BMWs before (both M3's)... and have always loved the X5 design. We drove the Volvo XC90 and was pretty close to buying one. After driving the X5, I didnt even have to think again about it. It's still a little pricey for 2 years old... but I think I like this car just as much as my 2003 M3. Crazy.

4.8is
By mike on 01/16/07 01:39 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned a 4.4 prior to the 4.8is. The the difference is fun. Knowing you have muscle under the hood is exhilarating. Handling is superb.

Very pleased
By jamaica man on 11/28/06 07:04 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X5 has met all expectations. Even gas mileage - I average 21 mpg combined city/hwy. Comfortable, safe, and cool looking. Plenty of power with the 3.0. The free maintenance is great. No charge for the first 50K miles.

Its outta here!
By Greg Kurk on 11/08/06 07:31 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had a 2001 Acura MDX prior to this BMW X5, loved the MDX but it was approaching 100,000 miles. Didn't want to wait for redesigned MDX, bought the X5, only good thing I can say is it has a sporty handling with zip. Other than this I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the vehicle. It is poorly built and in the 16 months owned has been into the shop 3X for electrical problem that they can't seem to find what is causing vehicle to go dead. I would never buy another BMW, and when this one gets out of the shop in next day or so, will look to get rid of. Probably go back to MDX, as my son has my old one, 125,000 miles and running while my BMW is broke down with 26,000 miles

OK
By cabinduncan12 on 07/30/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The BMW X5 is a great car to drive on the highway, but is completely unsafe to drive in the snow, even with snow tires. The rear wheel drive is too unreliable. The seats in the front of the SUV are comfortable for about 20 minutes, but after that, your back will get sore. The back seats are too stiff, for there is no siding for your back, and no grip.

Extraordinary!
By Mimi on 07/17/06 00:40 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new BMW X3 2006 this february, and had a very bad crash in which the car was totalled. I only suffered from whiplash for 3 days. If it had not been for the amazing new safety system of this car and the frame, i would not be writing here. So I made my decision that I will only drive BMW cars, which left me again with the decision: should I buy a new X3 again or should I upgrade and buy a used 2005 X5? I went with the latter option, and I am completely in love with the car! So much bigger inside than the X3it makes you feel even safer to drive, and the drive, outstanding - I have the sportspackage. I really love it!

Great Choice
By John M on 02/28/06 16:09 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I purchased our X5 3.0 in time for our first child. Although we purchased due to the outstanding safety features, we have found the performance and handling to be very handy in everyday driving. We are so happy with our purchase that we are already considering a second BMW in the near furture.

The best BMW I have owned
By Rick on 02/26/06 01:20 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It does not get any better than the X5 4.4. Pleanty of power, handles great. I have the sports package with 19 inch wheels. It is a wonderfully handling car. I have had absolutely no problems with it. It even gets better mileage than my 02 X5 3.0.

Excellent
By smith on 01/28/06 22:50 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was one of the best cars I have ever driven. I reccomend this for all suv drivers thinking about buying one of the safest cars out there and also with a little speed built in to it to. German built cars is the way to go with their quality performance and styling.

BMW X5
By tom on 01/11/06 20:41 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my bmw and its been a great car with not one problem yet. It Is a really strong car and very comfortable. And we use this car a lot on long trips and the longer we are in the car the funner it gets. I was suprised that when we went to tahoe without chains, it went perfectly as if the road wasn't slippery.