2005 BMW X5 3.0i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
X5 - M5!
By BillS100 on 12/31/04 02:14 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car delivers the goods in spades. Comfort, speed, quiet, handling, looks, and fun. You'd swear you were driving an automatic M5 SUV. Estimated MPG 16/21 isn't bad for this big cousin of the M5 beast either. Love it.

BMW IS GREAT
By jasonsandwick on 12/30/04 12:40 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drove every suv on the market and stettled on a more expensive of the bunch. My x5 drives like my other BMW's -it is excellent and unstoppable with the traction control. I love it... I could use a little more storage room though so I am getting a Thule box for the top for my skis.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By beverly5534 on 12/30/04 10:02 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I can see why this is considered the ultimate driving machine. I LOVE my X5. It Handles, rides, and perfoms wonderfully. The amenities are exactly what and where I would expect them to be. Could use X3 cup holder configs though. GREAT on the long (12 hr) drives. Carries my little dog crate and ALL my stuff! Quick enough to get me out into traffic easily and safely. Fun and comfortable to drive. Compared ALL the competition... Really Glad I bought this one! Just LOVE this car!

X5 4.4i ZPP ZCW ZSP
By cgoldson on 12/23/04 15:00 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

2400 miles into ownership I'm quite happy. Mileage of 16.5 mpg driving "assertively". Only 1 minor scratch on interior door handle to complain of. Sports package ride is rigid but not uncomfortable. Test drive with and without that package to see what suits you. Adjustable rear seat is useful when loading cargo area.

Shop
By Tom Reeder on 12/21/04 18:19 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love driving the vehicle, looks assume, but it's in the shop too much. Several trips needed to repair same problem. Have had it in shop way more then my plan Jane Chrysler mini-van. It becomes a pain after taking to shop more then twice for same item. Oh, did I mention it's been to the shop too often? German excellence, not so sure, but it looks good.

smooth ride on 2005 model
By Fulton on 11/29/04 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The ride is awesome, looks fantastic, very roomy for our teenagers and a third friend ... my wife wants an exact duplicate. Avoid the sport package ... makes for a bumpy ride and restrictive seats! Bluetooth function on the intergrated cellphone is seemless! Extended sunroof, creates a roomy feel in the cabin. IF YOU HAD PREVIOUS CONCERNS ABOUT THE RIDE AND PRICE, I'D ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE ANOTHER TEST DRIVE IN A 2005 MODEL!

BMW4KS
By BMW4KS on 11/24/04 13:03 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely AMAZING Vehicle!! The 2005 BMW X5 4.8 makes driving a pleasure.

BMW Lover
By BMW Forever on 11/23/04 11:12 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

WOW What a Truck, I personally never like BMW's I always though that they drove too hard and the leather interior was just to stiff. But this truck has made me a BMW Lover. This truck handels excellent in all weather even the rain....

WHAT AN EXPIERENCE
By BROOKLYNGUY on 11/15/04 21:05 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

THE CAR IS OVERALL AWESOME THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS BEING A CAR OWNER OF A LEXUS THE FEATURES THAT ARE OFFERED INSIDE ARE NOT AS MODERN AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED. THE CAR RIDES BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CAR I EVER RODE

Best Damn SUV out there
By deep on 11/13/04 12:17 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great SUV. this is my second one. The 4.4 has great power but a little more pricy than the 3.0. Great feel and handle. The sports package is a little more bumpier but that maybe the feel you desire. If you desire a softer feel you may want to choose the one with out the sports package. Eitherway, Great auto. NO PROBLEMS at all. I drove my old 3.0 leased x5 to the ground with no maintanence for about 2 years. It still felt and functioned as if it was new. Can't beat the looks and the bmw 7 series engine that this has. A MUST HAVE!!!