2005 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
My 2nd X5
By Joan Dibble on 01/06/05 01:31 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've now owned 2 of these wonderful SUVs back to back. I can't begin to tell you how safe and comfortable I feel when driving. The V8 gives me the power to get moving. I've owned only one other car I was this crazy about and it was a 1977 630 BMW. I drove it for 12 years and put 228,000 miles on it. I guess I'm just a big fan of Bimmers.

Ultimate driving machine
By MARK on 01/05/05 23:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Looks nice, feels nice, drives nice -- what more could you ask for?

Great X5
By Boulevard West on 01/05/05 22:29 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got the X5 just before Christmas, one week later the biggest snow storm in 12 years hit. In 30hrs we had 29 inches of snow. Not much was moving, but the X5 with all season tires plowed through the snow like a hot knife through butter. In the past 26 years in the Sierra Nevadas I have driven most types of 4x4's, and the X5 beats them all. More snow is on the way. I wonder what it would do with a good set of snow tires!

BKR review
By Brian on 01/05/05 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First 1000 miles was in the terrible winter storms in Ohio over Christmas...this car was the "ultimate driving machine"! I love this car so far. Love the sound of the engine when I accelerate...and it does accelerate. The defroster is a blast furnace though. Wish it had a fan control. The cargo space is not that big...but I was not looking for much more. Really nothing but praise so far. The car really handles well and I love all the options.....although it took me an hour to learn everything. Would definitely recommend it if you are looking for an SUV with sports car feeling.

AVERAGE BMW
By sclavette on 01/05/05 20:33 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

BMW continues not understanding electronics. Problems with GPS, power locks, rear window washer, etc. BMW still only gives cassette option at dash. No wonder their sales are dropping. Third and last BMW.

What a machine
By shahzad manawar on 01/03/05 15:51 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned an Audi A6 and Lexus RX330. This one gives the best security feeling like an armored vehicle, excellent road handling especially on wet slushy slippery roads which is very common happening in Michigan. VERY STABLE ON TURNS FOR BEING AN SUV.

consumer
By LaCroix on 01/02/05 13:42 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Ordered it from factory and it was built in 3 weeks. Ordered a Mercedes at the same time and it won't be in until spring 2005. Couldn't be happier with the ride or its looks.

I Love My X5
By Beth Vilarello on 12/31/04 12:34 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My X5 is an awesome vehicle. It handles fantastic. The interior is very luxurious. I feel very safe driving it. Unfortunately, 3 weeks ago I was rearended by a hit and run driver while stopped at a red light. The vehicle held up so well considering the impact. My husband and I were not injured at all. This is a quality vehicle well worth the money.

X5 - M5!
By BillS100 on 12/31/04 02:14 AM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car delivers the goods in spades. Comfort, speed, quiet, handling, looks, and fun. You'd swear you were driving an automatic M5 SUV. Estimated MPG 16/21 isn't bad for this big cousin of the M5 beast either. Love it.

BMW IS GREAT
By jasonsandwick on 12/30/04 12:40 PM (PST)

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drove every suv on the market and stettled on a more expensive of the bunch. My x5 drives like my other BMW's -it is excellent and unstoppable with the traction control. I love it... I could use a little more storage room though so I am getting a Thule box for the top for my skis.