X5 Big Station Wagon
By Jimdog on
2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
With every company making Suv's, each company is entitled to their own vision when creating their model. The X5 is an excellent vechile in the standpoint of build quality, and luxury features. The interior is nicely laid out, everything you would expect from BMW. When you drive this suv you'll notice it is smooth. But, it really isn't that much fun to drive. Very average. It feels like the Grand Cherokee I used to own. Living in Michigan, you expect your suv to hold up in bad weather. The X5 is not really suited for this. Very average in bad weather. The Awd system is not suited for heavy snowfall. My GMC Yukon is much better, for much less money in these kind of situations.
Favorite Features
The interior. The heated seats are a great feature for anyone who has deal with cold winters. The radio is pretty nice. BMW has legendary customer service. You have a problem, they take care of you. They make great vechiles(I own a 745il), this is just not one of them.
Suggested Improvements
The X5 is great if you don't have to deal with bad weather during the winter. Don't expect ab 'awesome' ride. This suv is just kind of average. Not really sure it is worth the money I paid for it. The exterior really needs some work.