2004 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Im on my second one

2004 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

3.0i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Im on my second one
By boop on

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The first one I owned was better than this one. In the 3 years I can't imagine why there haven't been any improvements....although it is hard to improve, there are some minor adjustments to be made. I think maybe the tranni is slipping or just isn't as responsive as it should be, may need bigger trani. And there are blind spots in the rear, if the mirrors aren't just perfect.If you choose the navigation system... and a 6 changer cd... the cd cannot be put in the glove compartment.... but has to be in the rear.... most inconventent! The back up beeping drives me crazy, needs cut off switch that's not event related. I just seem disappointed with it a bit.

Favorite Features

Excellent control in adverse weather conditions... and generally very fun to drive, even in a foot of snow! Holds the road beautifully. I have no fear of an accident, with all of the safety features & superior engineering, survival stats are high.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the blind spots or mirrors, offer rear heated seats, & better cupholder positioning, NO ONSTAR? cell phones limited to their model only, not able to keep your plan, what's with that???