2004 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Awesome Driving Machine

2004 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

4.4i 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Awesome Driving Machine
By Imiller on

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2004 4.4i in October of '07 and just recently sold it in Sept. of '10. I drove this vehicle for 3 years and put about 35000 miles a year on this car, a huge number of miles a year. When I bought it it had 39,000 miles and when I sold it it had 139,000. I think this car was a lemon though. It had a vibration at a hard acceleration that no one could figure out and I was glad to be rid of this car because of that. I did have an '02 3.0 before this one and loved it. I am looking at buy an '04 4.8 at the present though because overall I loved the look and sportiness of this car. Also, both cars held their value when I sold them. I broke even even at such high mileage.

Handibility and acceleration is excellent. I loved the looks too. No other SUV looks the way this car looks, especially the V8's

Can't think of any. Gas millage is no worse that any other SUV, some people complained about cup holders which were lacking but I don't see that as being any big deal. The biggest shortfall was the lack of a CD player in the dash with the Nav system. Should have done away with the cassette player.