2004 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Take A Very, Very Long Test Drive !
By Morgan Financial on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Horrible ride. The suspension system on this vehicle needs to be re- designed. You will feel every bump in the road from your toes up to your jaw! The back storage area is small. Also, the back seats are very cramped regarding leg room - perhaps o.k. for children and pets, but completely uncomfortable for adults. We could not get rid of this car fast enough !

one of the best machine
By buk on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

the X5 is a very advance suv compare to other brand is the most luxirious car and best perfomance in quality

BMW X5 4.4
By alanmg on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've now covered 5500 miles, with no problems, other than moisture appearing in the parking lights. After driving a 2000 528IA sedan for 3 years, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the switch to this SUV. After 3 days behind the wheel I was sold, and will probably never go back to a sedan again. This handles and rides like a BMW, but offers the typical function SUVs offer. It's luxurious, yet tasteful and not overdone

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By Blondie01324 on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I think this car is the best car built!!! It is a perfect family car yet still has that sporty look to it. It is a perfect road trip car just pile a bunch of people into it and your set to drive for hours. If your planning on buying this car DO IT!!!! It is the greatest thing.

Get one
By MJK on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handles better than most family sedans, high quality materials in and out, costs a little more than similar suvs but worth it.

My 2nd BMW, 1st X5
By Bigjim on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Happy I waited for the improved new 4.4 engine, X-drive system and 6 speed auto transmission. Gas mileage has been a very pleasant surprise at average 19 mpg in the city and 22-24 mpg on the highway.

The ultimate urban road warrior !
By K Yoder on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We bought our X5 because of the sportiness, the safety features, the looks, as well as the interior cabin space. I am fairly tall and the X5 provides ample leg, shoulder and head room, without being much longer or wider than an explorer or a 4runner. It is very fun to drive and is drives like a sportscar!!

Driving's a pleasure
By mlnelsen on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First BMW experience. Pros, Handling of the SUV is excellent. Great feel for the road and decent acceleration for a heavy vehicle. Cons, Accelerator pedal has a mushy feel. We were told it is because it is electronically controlled, not physically. Just need to get used to it. It is not one of the positive features of this vehicle.

Great
By Eduardo on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Pleasure to dirve. We are a BMW family and what we like about them the mostis that they more you dirve, the better it gets.

I have had lots of electrical problems
By Luca Forcellini on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car electrical system has a mind of its own. I have almats crashed twice on the freeway for the wipers stopped in downpoors. The selflevel suspension inactivates on its own, the brake light and rear light and other warning messages constantly flash on computer display. The dealership dismisses problems as burnt bulbs or loose wire. The car is really dangerous and BMW refuses to replace with all kinds of lame excuses. I had a horrible experience with it. I have to sue for a new car!