2004 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Never question a BMW!!!
By backdoctor4 on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I actually have the 2003 model I purchased in 2002. I can't say enough about this vehicle. I live on the east coast and the past 2 winters have been heavy snow and deep freezing temps. I still went everywhere with this truck and drove it like it was springtime. The anti-lock braking system and DSC system which does not allow the truck to fish tail or roll is very impressive. However, people who are not familiar with these systems think the truck does not handle well. You have to trust the truck in an emergency. The only negative aspect is the fuel economy, mine gets 13mpg, I personally don't care the truck is awesome!!! If you can't afford it don't buy

Great SUV
By jessica55 on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great SUV for around town and for out of town trips. The V-6 provides more than ample power. Fun to drive!

1st Bimmer, Great so far...
By X-tra nice ride on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought our X5 9 days ago and couldn't be happier. We test drove the Acura MDX, Lexus RX, and Land Rover Discovery, but nothing compared to the comfort and luxury of the BMW. The others are extremely fine autos, and the Land Rover is just an off road monster (we had quite a bit of fun at the dealer's obstacle course), but the BMW was just a better fit for us. Tons of rear seat room, although we could use a touch more room in the cargo area once in a while. The engine and trans are awesome. I can't imagine why anyone would want to silence the I- 6 any more than it already is. You just can't beat the sound of a BMW. If you're worried about mpg, get a Honda.

its a machine
By mcguire on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

been driving the bmw x5 4.4 for three months and it is wonderful. its more of a sports car then an suv. great vehicle!

Great Ride, Interior could improve
By Loncar1 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car's performance and design is stellar. The main drawbacks are the fuel economy and the interior styling and functionality compared to less expensive SUVs and cars. Performance on the highway is excellent with plenty of power at higher speeds. Cornering is solid, and the responsiveness is very good. There are a lot of blind spots towards the rear of the car and I have had (and heard from others) problems with the rear hatch closing properly and staying shut - ughh. AM radio is terrible, climate control is not very good, trip computer is slightly old technology that needs updating (e.g., trip timer, real time fuel economy, etc.)

Great Car
By Admir on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, everything is fantastic.

x5 is great
By ckmm7 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Tremendous front legroom and confort. Great accleration. Nice layout. Unbelievable sunroof. Not enough storage space in cabin, no place to put sun glasses.

The ultimate Driving Machine
By Ralphf on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Car, hugs the road like no other SUV

BMW believer now
By Intocars on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Best looking SUV for this size on the market. 20" rims, super-wide low profile tires, deep exhaust tones make this combination unbeatable. Performance almost equal to my AMG Mercedes. Build quality unsurpassed. Cannot wipe the smile off my face when driving it. Purchsed the Imola Red so this is even more rare (everyone has black or silver). Handles so well I've had to set the speed reminder to let me know when I pass 80 mph (which is often). If you are performance minded and want a good looking high quality vehicle, this is the SUV for you.

Clean
By Tigran on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

It feel like a you are at your home. Just your house is moving, it's that comfortable.