Used 2004 BMW X5 3.0i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

OH YEAH
By suvlover

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 8th SUV and this is by far the best of them all!! I have owned some premium brands and domestic, and I have finally found the perfect combination of style,luxury,reliability, and flat out fun driving experience. Drive the rest and then go drive the best!!

Panoramic moonroof! adjustable rear seats. Steptronic transmission. FREE MAINTENENCE FOR 4 YEARS!!!!

?

more fun than I expected
By Bimmerman

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had the pleasure of driving my X5 in Germany for six months before coming back to the U.S. The X5 handles like a dream especially at high speeds. Even if the rear storage space is a little tight, it has come in handy on numerous occasions. The X5 is reliable and the performance is great.

Steptronic transmission and all wheel drive

more rear storage space

First BMW
By lexie

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW is an X5. I like the SUV, not crazy about the dealership. They switched the rims on the vehicle after I purchased it. It was a demo. They denied it, but my sales person even said they did. Drives like a sedan. Looked better with other rims. Great Sienna red color. Only one in town. Have had it 4 months and haven't had any problems. Cup holders are inconvenient. Difficult to remove and replace rear cargo flap. Can't get the garage door openers to work.

Great looking exterior. Great acceleration. Comfortable.

Doors are very hard to open. Make rear cargo flap easier to remove and reinstall. Space cup holders better. More standard features.

New BMW Zoom Zoom (X-5)
By cottontzu

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The light reading "Check Engine Soon" will NOT go off. The dealership SAYS I didn't put the gas cap on correctly. Nope! I've tried dozens of times. It is going to the shop soon. Once the A/C just stopped for few minutes. What was that?

The smooth ride and style of body. The design is one for beauty and comfort.

Lock system needs to be simplified. The front seat needs to be longer in the straddle. (from back of seat to knees, it is too short for the average man or woman) I am 5'9"

Never question a BMW!!!
By backdoctor4

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I actually have the 2003 model I purchased in 2002. I can't say enough about this vehicle. I live on the east coast and the past 2 winters have been heavy snow and deep freezing temps. I still went everywhere with this truck and drove it like it was springtime. The anti-lock braking system and DSC system which does not allow the truck to fish tail or roll is very impressive. However, people who are not familiar with these systems think the truck does not handle well. You have to trust the truck in an emergency. The only negative aspect is the fuel economy, mine gets 13mpg, I personally don't care the truck is awesome!!! If you can't afford it don't buy

Xenon headlamps and acceleration!!!

The rear cup holder is too low, my kids kick and have broken it.