2004 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Whole new BMW
By BMW happy on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i used to own a 80's BMW and hated it. never looked at another one for 2 decades until people convinced me otherwise. things definitely have changed for sure. as the result, i just purchased a X5 and it drives beautifully and turn heads all over the place. my percepton on BMWs have changed completely. X5 has plenty of power, smoothness of american cars, solidness of european made cars, looks of japanese cars, and its own class of BMW! just drove 400 mils on a road trip and it is awesome!

Looks good moving or standing still
By Jim Chiminatta on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great handling and great looking vehicle, the ride is a little harsh with the sports package. The only other thing I note is that the paint job is not the quality of the bmw's built off shore.

What an Excellent Machine
By xfizzle on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW x5 is perhaps the most elegantly designed, sport SUV available. The vehicle rides and handles like a dream. It is essentially a 5 series that is disguised as an SUV. The 3.0 is perfectly adequate for the average consumer looking for a reasonably priced sport SUV. The 4.4 is for the true enthusiast who desires the added performance of the larger engine. We won't even discuss the dream of the new 4.8.

Well worth the money
By LenAugust on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A very nice SUV.....and a BIG nice at that. Handling excellent. Performance excellent....Quiet elegance inside even at 80 miles per hour.

2004 BMW X5 3.0
By hp2go on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thus far we have been very pleased with the X5. No to pleased with the customer service at the dealership where purchased. The X5 drives and handles much like our previous 528i series.

PASS ON THE X5
By PETERb on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car is not worth the dealer hassle. My X5 lease exp. and the plan was to get another one. UNTIL my turn in exp. 2 dealers Bob Smith,& Century both said the car was perfect. I also asked the pick up dealership to precheck the car. They didn't. Finally dealer picks up the car charges $1200 for a variety of small issues. I had a fit, called up BMW,they then came up with an enitrely different list but still 1,200! If known, I could have repaired all items for alot less. I tried resolveing with BMW corporate, no response. They're to many other good choices out there to put up with this nonsense. I just bought the Volvo SUV and I'm happy.

Watch out for Trans Problems
By mikeohah on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nothing but mehanical problems since I bought it. Having a new transmission at 6k miles and more electrial problems seems like its cursed like the 7 series.

X5 Best SUV ever
By chrismellinghb on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had my X5 for 10 months now, Drives as well has any car, My last car was a 330i coupe, the X5 is just has mutch fun to drive

Excellent Car
By GREAN1 on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It is fast,fun,great looking, and it is easy to keep clean.Nearly a year later I am still finding things about it I enjoy. I believe I am sold on BMW forever.

Imitated but not yet duplicated!
By BMW LOVER on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For the $$, you get, "the smile factor". It gives you peep, comfort, safety and surefootedness in the snow AND the rain! Most of all it SCREAMS success without "trying too hard!" (Porsche, H2 and ML & G class drivers can relate.) The Range Rover is successful today BECAUSE it was REDESIGNED by BMW. Asked any BMW X5 driver and very few will complain about the practicality it lacks. X5 drivers like it because it's prestigious, fast, luxurious and a blast to drive! Newer SUVs today offer nothing more but increase horsepower! Like I said, imitated but still not yet duplicated!