2004 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
more fun than I expected
By Bimmerman on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had the pleasure of driving my X5 in Germany for six months before coming back to the U.S. The X5 handles like a dream especially at high speeds. Even if the rear storage space is a little tight, it has come in handy on numerous occasions. The X5 is reliable and the performance is great.

First BMW
By lexie on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW is an X5. I like the SUV, not crazy about the dealership. They switched the rims on the vehicle after I purchased it. It was a demo. They denied it, but my sales person even said they did. Drives like a sedan. Looked better with other rims. Great Sienna red color. Only one in town. Have had it 4 months and haven't had any problems. Cup holders are inconvenient. Difficult to remove and replace rear cargo flap. Can't get the garage door openers to work.

New BMW Zoom Zoom (X-5)
By cottontzu on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The light reading "Check Engine Soon" will NOT go off. The dealership SAYS I didn't put the gas cap on correctly. Nope! I've tried dozens of times. It is going to the shop soon. Once the A/C just stopped for few minutes. What was that?

Never question a BMW!!!
By backdoctor4 on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I actually have the 2003 model I purchased in 2002. I can't say enough about this vehicle. I live on the east coast and the past 2 winters have been heavy snow and deep freezing temps. I still went everywhere with this truck and drove it like it was springtime. The anti-lock braking system and DSC system which does not allow the truck to fish tail or roll is very impressive. However, people who are not familiar with these systems think the truck does not handle well. You have to trust the truck in an emergency. The only negative aspect is the fuel economy, mine gets 13mpg, I personally don't care the truck is awesome!!! If you can't afford it don't buy

Great SUV
By jessica55 on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great SUV for around town and for out of town trips. The V-6 provides more than ample power. Fun to drive!

1st Bimmer, Great so far...
By X-tra nice ride on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought our X5 9 days ago and couldn't be happier. We test drove the Acura MDX, Lexus RX, and Land Rover Discovery, but nothing compared to the comfort and luxury of the BMW. The others are extremely fine autos, and the Land Rover is just an off road monster (we had quite a bit of fun at the dealer's obstacle course), but the BMW was just a better fit for us. Tons of rear seat room, although we could use a touch more room in the cargo area once in a while. The engine and trans are awesome. I can't imagine why anyone would want to silence the I- 6 any more than it already is. You just can't beat the sound of a BMW. If you're worried about mpg, get a Honda.

x5 is great
By ckmm7 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Tremendous front legroom and confort. Great accleration. Nice layout. Unbelievable sunroof. Not enough storage space in cabin, no place to put sun glasses.

The ultimate Driving Machine
By Ralphf on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Car, hugs the road like no other SUV

Do not hesitate to buy it !
By L. Quinn on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A great experience to drive it! Reliable and safe drive in all weather conditions, specially in snowy and rainy days. Fun to drive this comfortable SUV will provide you with good fuel economy (like 400 hundred miles with less than 3/4 of the tank of gas, hwy.)and lots of great times. Enjoy driving it!

none
By ocsd on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

most interior room of the midsize suvs