2004 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Great Car
By Kaefer324 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Beautiful car that handles like a 5- Series. Great ride. Luxurious, sporty, safe, and practical. I love the thing.

BMW x5
By xxanalinaxx on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

its a awesome car

Best SAV on the Road
By Brett Merrington on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I love this sav, I had a 2000 4.4 and love my new 2004 4.4

Way better than the Toureg and RX330
By X5inMA on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

An amazing SUV. I drove the VW Touaeg V8 and Lexus RX330. The BMW feels like a BMW; not an SUV. When practicality meets pleasure, you have found The Ultimate Driving Machine.

You don't want to own an X5
By sejung on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Yes it is the best ride for the money and yes it looks even better than the previous model. The noise level is also reduced compared to the 2002 model. I got a 2002 X5 that was a pure nightmare, forcing me to visit 9 times to get all the problems fixed in less than a year. BMW North America was nice(?) enough to give me an replacement with additional charge and I had no choice but to get a 2004 model. Few weeks have past by after I got my new car. I have a squeaking steering wheel and a sun roof that wont securely shut.

Very Impresses
By ssabripo on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car after test driving the VW Touraeg, Infinty FX45, and the Acura MDX. It is not as luxurious as the Tourage on the inside, is not quite as fast in the straight line as the FX45, but it is the best all-around SUV I've ever driven! it handles like a 3-series sedan, and the new Valvetronic just hums as you go 100mph.

Good driving machine
By Scott of Southern Ca on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It drives like BMW; steeper but accurate.

bmw x5 4.4i
By jonathan 26 on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

this is my second x5...im very happy that i decided to stick with the x5...the new exterior design is nice, not too crazy...its got great acceleration especially in steptronic mode...navigation works well, no cd in dash is a pain...comfortable...but if you are gonna get it, you gotta go all out...cant go cheap with this car

from mercedes to bmw
By eddyclk430 on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After driving the ML320, the 3.0x5 is a more plush ride with more power.

Safe and secure in our X5
By Ballyhoo on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading the editors review & safety features I knew this auto would fit my expecting wife perfectly. We've had it 3 days, she loves the style, luxury, sportiness & short tailgate. I'm impressed with the handling & technical aspects. Much better fuel econ than my L. R. Discovery.