2004 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Awesome Driving Machine
By Imiller on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2004 4.4i in October of '07 and just recently sold it in Sept. of '10. I drove this vehicle for 3 years and put about 35000 miles a year on this car, a huge number of miles a year. When I bought it it had 39,000 miles and when I sold it it had 139,000. I think this car was a lemon though. It had a vibration at a hard acceleration that no one could figure out and I was glad to be rid of this car because of that. I did have an '02 3.0 before this one and loved it. I am looking at buy an '04 4.8 at the present though because overall I loved the look and sportiness of this car. Also, both cars held their value when I sold them. I broke even even at such high mileage.

Nicest SUV at the Trailhead
By John on 02/14/09 12:41 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased our X5 with approx. 53,000 miles under BMW's Certified Pre-Owned program and bought the service package to 100,000 miles. The X5 has been great. We live in Denver and drive to Vail almost every weekend. Average MPG is 19.2, not bad for 300+ HP, 5,000# car. Run Pirrelli snows in winter and Yokahoma Geolander in summer. The X5 is remarkably capable off road - Hill Descent Control is very impressive. The only funny part is the looks we get from other SUV drivers. Trips to the dealer for unscheduled service have been minimal and not expensive.

Ahhhh!
By mrd on 10/12/05 21:20 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

An excellent vehicle. Limited cargo space if you want to move an apartment, but in normal daily living it is more than adequate. Responsive steering, good pick up, fun - everything you would expect out of a BMW.

Sold on X5
By Niels Leppert on 10/10/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am sooo pleased with my 2004 4.4 X5...Got the Sport pack with 19" wheels...if you are a Town Car person, you may find the sport package too stiff. Great looking body is rattle-free, the brakes and steering are well sorted and it handles like a vehicle half its weight. Tons of sooth awesome-sounding V8 power mate to a tight Steptronic tranny. Articulating xenons are terrific at night. Premium sound with DSP is killer! Panoramic roof is way fun. The Nav takes a few days to sort out; if you can't grasp it, stay home.

14500 mi in 9mo.
By tom holmvik on 12/06/04 17:28 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have now put allmost 15k on this car since new. We ordered the car with every option avail. Love the performance, but have been to the dealer 4 times!!! for the same problem in the last 4mo. Check engine light keeps coming on, very annoying. Would look to buy something different next time. And this is our 4th BMW. Nav system is antique and does not offer in dash cd... There should be away to interface ipod or mp3 format.

New X5 SUV
By edgardaniel on 11/07/04 11:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

we were looking for an SUV and this was really the only option with this much to offer...all the american models were out...poor quality and the others available just did not cut it....lexus, porsche and Land Rover...excellent car for the money..too bad they sell them all and there is little room to negotiate the price down..but anyway well worth the cost...

awesome
By pskimx on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent power and handling. It is far smoother than a Mercedes 430 I last owned. The navigation system is not easy to use. It is difficult to program in destinations. It will also not accept addresses at times and wants intersections. The new sunroof is amazing large. Dual climate controls up front and a separate one for the back. The ski bag is great for skiers. It allows the up to 2 skis to slide through the center of the back seat but remains covered. The trunk space is small - this was the reason I originally bought the Mercedes 4 years ago. There is obviously no 3rd row seat option. It is still a fairly small SUV and easy to park in tight spaces.

X5 in Texas
By Bdwyer7 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is an SUV for people who have always loved driving performance cars! You will not feel like you've traded the fun of driving for the utility of an SUV. The car has an incredibly strong feel for the road and positive powerful control. The 4.4 sport package is exceptional, and worth the extra money.

I Like it alot and I've had three of the
By ken feingolod on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'VE OWNED THREE X5'S. tHE FIRST WAS A 3.0 LITRE WHICH WAS REALLY COMFORTABLE, HANDLED WELL AND HAD GREAT BREAKS, MY NEXT WAS A 4.4 IS WHICH ALTHOUGH IT WAS AN EXCELLENT VEHICLE GOT TERRIBLE MILEAGE. IF TRADED IT IN FOR A 2004 4.4 WITH THE VALEVTRONIC ENGINE AND THE SIX SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. gETTING BETTER MILEAGE, BUT WHAT i LOVE ON THIS MODEL IS THE BIGGER SUN ROOF, THE COMFORT SEATS (PREMIUM PACKAGE) AND THE GREAT UPGRADED SOUND SYSTEM. tHE VEHICLE IS POWERFUL, COMFORTABLE, QUIET, ALL COMPETANCE AND GRACE WITH A KICK ASS ENGINE WHEN YOU NEED IT.

X5 Big Station Wagon
By Jimdog on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

With every company making Suv's, each company is entitled to their own vision when creating their model. The X5 is an excellent vechile in the standpoint of build quality, and luxury features. The interior is nicely laid out, everything you would expect from BMW. When you drive this suv you'll notice it is smooth. But, it really isn't that much fun to drive. Very average. It feels like the Grand Cherokee I used to own. Living in Michigan, you expect your suv to hold up in bad weather. The X5 is not really suited for this. Very average in bad weather. The Awd system is not suited for heavy snowfall. My GMC Yukon is much better, for much less money in these kind of situations.

1 2 3 4 5 next »