2004 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
conflicted feelings abound
By joeshaffer on 11/07/04 15:20 PM (PST)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I was more excited to receive this vehicle than any other. Now it is here I have very mixed feelings. First off: Imola Red/Nav/Floor/Sirius/comfort seats/Metal running +pedals/set of snow tires (minnesota). Comfort seats are really great, engine noise great, acceleration great. Navigation hopeless; most user unfriendly system in existence. You can NOT I-pod or bluetooth phone the 4.8is. This 'truck' is great if you do not have a family or a dog (but I do), two front passengers will be very happy. Soon as you try to load anything of substance you start to wonder why you spend 85K (taxes inclded) on it. It is a completely impractical SUV; REALLY think why you want this X5.

Great Ride
By knerps on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

A superb vehicle all around. Great looks with the performance to match. Love the sound the engine makes when you turn it on. It makes you really look foreward to driving.

Upgraded from 4.4i to 4.8is
By Tampa Rob on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I did a diplomatic purchase on this vehicle through Joern Esser at Passport BMW in Maryland Heights, MD. Reeves BMW in Tampa delivered the vehicle and did an awesome job getting the truck ready for me. All in all an outstanding ride with the performance to match and looks that are exceptional. I highly recommend this BMW to anyone in this market and especially so if you can qualify for a diplomatic sale - the savings are substanial.

BMW believer now
By Intocars on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Best looking SUV for this size on the market. 20" rims, super-wide low profile tires, deep exhaust tones make this combination unbeatable. Performance almost equal to my AMG Mercedes. Build quality unsurpassed. Cannot wipe the smile off my face when driving it. Purchsed the Imola Red so this is even more rare (everyone has black or silver). Handles so well I've had to set the speed reminder to let me know when I pass 80 mph (which is often). If you are performance minded and want a good looking high quality vehicle, this is the SUV for you.

Clean
By Tigran on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

It feel like a you are at your home. Just your house is moving, it's that comfortable.

X5 4.8 isn't really that great
By dania on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

It's not worth the money if you ask me. It's a good car but still, the LX is better for the money.

Amazing Car
By Zooter on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My mom just bought one of these beasts and then broke her leg so i've been driving it. Let me tell you.. this car is amazing and is the ultimate driving machine. It handles like a sportscar and has enough power to destroy anyone at a stoplight. Even with the 20' rims, the ride is very nice. All the gizmos and gadgets just add to this spectacular car. The GPS is top of the line and works like a charm. Complete genius in the creating of the machine. Much props to the people at BMW for this SAV.

Wow! What a Ride!!
By RocketManWow on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW X5 4.8is AWD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Well, What can I say...This new BMW X5 4.8is is a Rocket. I have all the bells and whistles, and it all seemed to work fine. However, after just 3000 miles in a week, I wrapped it around a pole off of HWY 169 near Burnsville MN, I think I was exceeding the speed limit by 100 mph, or so. It was a wild ride, all the airbags appeared to work fine. Looking for car insurance now to purchase another one!!!