2003 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Part Utility, ALL BMW

2003 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

3.0i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Part Utility, ALL BMW
By blair780 on

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my eleventh auto, my third BMW, my first BMW SAV. I can not say enough good things about this vehicle. In my 13th month of ownership it continues to impress me each time I take the wheel. I keep thinking I want to go back to a car but then I drive it and I can't remember why. If your considering it I have one suggestion... DRIVE IT. I don't think you will buy anything else. The handling and ride are by far BEST IN CLASS (though I do recommend the SPort Pkg). Even in 3.0 trim its no sleeper.

I love the interior, the sport seats, the looks of the exterior, and most importantly the ride and handling. A pleasure to drive on highway, long trips and fun to drive in the city in stop and go. For a heavy vehicle it always feels nimble with the precision you expect from BMW.

I recommend the premium sound system for the richer bass. Also, as with most vehicles with a tailgate, it creates noise. A minor annoyance addressed by the dealer every 10-12 months but I beleive the 2004 electric rear gate latch has probably corrected this.