Part Utility, ALL BMW
By blair780 on
2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
This is my eleventh auto, my third BMW, my first BMW SAV. I can not say enough good things about this vehicle. In my 13th month of ownership it continues to impress me each time I take the wheel. I keep thinking I want to go back to a car but then I drive it and I can't remember why. If your considering it I have one suggestion... DRIVE IT. I don't think you will buy anything else. The handling and ride are by far BEST IN CLASS (though I do recommend the SPort Pkg). Even in 3.0 trim its no sleeper.
Favorite Features
I love the interior, the sport seats, the looks of the exterior, and most importantly the ride and handling. A pleasure to drive on highway, long trips and fun to drive in the city in stop and go. For a heavy vehicle it always feels nimble with the precision you expect from BMW.
Suggested Improvements
I recommend the premium sound system for the richer bass. Also, as with most vehicles with a tailgate, it creates noise. A minor annoyance addressed by the dealer every 10-12 months but I beleive the 2004 electric rear gate latch has probably corrected this.