2003 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Bad Ass Toy
By Beandog on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This SAV is wonderful. I looked at several other vehicles and decided on the X5. Best choice I ever made. The only problem is that I don't get to drive it much since my girlfriend is always taking it. Forcing me to drive her RX300. No comparison in vehicles. If your going SUV go X5!!

2002 BMW X5 3.0
By Denny73 on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a highway cruiser! So quiet-- solid at high speeds. I bought it because of the safety features and the ride. I had a '95 525i that I sold when I left D.C. and bought the X5 because I wanted the 5-series ride with full-time AWD. ONLY regret is that I did not pay the $150 for the heated steering wheel--would have been a great addition to the heated seats.

Great fun to drive
By JeanM on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the third BWM I've owned, but the first X5. The X5 drives more like a sedan than a truck. It accelerates and coners great! A friend I took for a drive commented on how smooth it drove. He said he would be afraid if he owned one, he would get speeding tickets all the time because he wouldn't realize how fast he was driving. I considered buying the 4.6, but the salesman said I'd have to buy snow tires for the winter and I didn't feel I should have to do that for an SUV.

Best car I ever owned
By D Gisby on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The best car I ever owned. This SAV is a star - fun to drive, classy, and most important SAFE. I have the sport version and the only thing i don't like is the fact the tires are different sizes and you cannot rotate them, so you must replace every 20k miles; they are very expensive tires too! I'm going to drive it until its wheels fall off!!!

BMW x5 3.0i loaded-quality problems
By jmoriarty on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Lots of mfg/assembly quality bugs. rear lid pops opne when it rains/cold, Doors freeze easily and you cant keep them closed when they do. Poor handling in linited snow conditions Vehicle doesn't always start on first turn of key(fails 7/10 times) Power Windows fell off runners had to have service fix them but they diod a poor kob at removing/reinstalling door panels Alarm system goes off when it is hot out Window shades break easily Navigation system can only be shut down by shutting down the car. No SW control to turn off system. Note I have spoken to at leastthree other owners and they have experienced 95% of these same issues

Allmost a 10
By kstory on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love this SAV. They could have made the cup holders bigger. Other than that it rocks. Get Sat. Radio too, i love it.

THE BOMB
By ZEEMAN on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

THE BEST TRUCK MADE BAR NONE. DRIVES LIKE A LUXURY SEDAN, AND IT FEELS LIKE A TANK

I love my car
By Deb on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have looked at many SUV's and the BMW X5 is elegant with balls.

Best SUV on the road
By John123 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW X5 is the best looking SUV on the road. It also performs and handles great and gets better gas mileage than I expected. The interior is beautiful and just the right size for me, that is carrying light to moderate loads.

damn good truck
By jackoff on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

best truck ever. real nice. like colors. gas milage not to good.