Used 2003 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 230 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW X5

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

More Fun than Comfortable
By Peter C

2003 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

While I love driving my 4.6IS there are times that I wish I had bought the 4.4 in hopes that it would be a firm and sporty suspension without riding like a corvette (but it's great to be able to keep up with most sports cars). The 4.6IS is incredible fun, awesome styling, and full of luxury. My only criticism is that it doesn't ride as smooth as my Lexus LS400 I traded in for it (no surprise there). I would buy another one tomorrow...

Interior Luxury (Nav, computer, etc) and the 20" rims

Variable suspension modes (soft, firm, sport, offroad)

2003 Used BMW X5
By johnsc

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. had an Acura. much more upscale. More Power. I miss XM radio. Truck very responsive, quick,stable, safe. Had it almost 3 months no issues.

4.4i

xm radio. Move interior door handles lower to provide more legroom

2 years of Love
By hectorg

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We've had ours now of little over 2 years. WE LOVE IT. The look, the drive, the space, the feeling of power and safety It has been amazing in these tough NYC winters and the A/C is amazing in those hot & humid summers. I read complaints about fuel economy. I can't complain, the X5 begs you to drive it fast. As I'm writing this we are expecting our first child. Guess what I'm driving him home in? Need I say more?

The steptronic auto transmission, Full time 4WD, the interior, acceleration for an SUV is great. This

Offer some of the 3,5 series options in the X5.

Surprising satisfying 3.0 inline 6
By Hoss Moini

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a quality vehicle built in the USA!!!! The inline six engine's performance was a positive surprise against my expectations! It has been a very enjoyable experience owning this SUV! Did not know if I was going to regret not getting the 4.4 V8 at the beginning! turned out just fine.

Almost all, except for below!

Window power buttons on the door not easy to reach to! Also the ride height feature reverts back to standard at 20 mph, don't like that!!

Sports Car Performance, Business Require
By Art Lippois

2003 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Want a car that takes you back to the muscle car power of the 60's, but with the comfort of a cadillac on long trips? Do you need a ride to comfortably take customers to sites both in urban and rural areas during all kinds of weather? Want the space to carry display items or large boxes for business? Do you have to travel 300 to 400 miles sometimes at night in unknown areas with little or no open gas stations because of the hour of your travel? Finally, do you want to have to use your cruise control because there is no way you can tell your speed without looking at the speedometer?If this sounds like a vehicle that fits your requirements, then the BMW X5 is for you. All class, all smiles.

The smooth power of the engine and transmission. The range of the vehicle. The quiet responsive ride.

Lower the price.