2003 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Superb!
By Loren Reuter on 12/21/04 23:26 PM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Handles like a sports car.

JUST AWESOME
By DENNIS SEHNAL on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever been in, owned, drove, etc.

X5 4.4
By Patrick92127 on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Very safe. Handles great. Sucks gas, but worth it. Built like a vault. Intuitive controls. Agressive looks.

2003 3.0x5
By wedge on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Has been extremely reliable with exceptional performance and handling. Typical BMW build quality and high fun to drive factor.

BMW X5 3L 4-27-04
By jmklansnic on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchasing, driving, and service have been the best I have ever had with a vehicle.

Sports car in an SUV body
By InkyRusner on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle. Power and handling are superior. I owned sports cars prior to this car and this is as much fun to drive as they were, but with room for golf clubs, skiis, sports stuff, luggage, etc.

Exceeds my expectations
By Dan Bray on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Awkward ergonomics compared to Lexus...but that's no suprise. Superior handeling to any Lexus I've leased (LS 400, GS300 & SC430). More solid build than Lexus. As comfortable to drive as Lexus and Mercedes. Most stylish and sophisticated SUV (Cayenne & Mercedes SUVs close 2nd). Awkward & noisy A/C. Worse-than-average SUV fuel consumption. Amazing acceleration. Excellent sound system, although quirky controls. DVD Nav is inferior to Lexus' DVD Nav. Smaller cargo room doesn't bother me...and I'm an interior designer. Always get compliments on its styling.

The BEST SAV not SUV
By John CC on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I think so many people rate the x5 inaccuratly do to is lack of off road abilities but it's on rad abilites out perform most passenger cars whenit come to saftey and driver control. I love my X5 and find it hard to imagine what I will purchase next if anything at all. I think more consumers should consider it even if cost is a major factor becouse you do get every dime that you pay for plus a few. I would't trad it for the world well ok If I could get the no us version of the 4.6 I would but that is the only way. Enjoy

Part Utility, ALL BMW
By blair780 on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my eleventh auto, my third BMW, my first BMW SAV. I can not say enough good things about this vehicle. In my 13th month of ownership it continues to impress me each time I take the wheel. I keep thinking I want to go back to a car but then I drive it and I can't remember why. If your considering it I have one suggestion... DRIVE IT. I don't think you will buy anything else. The handling and ride are by far BEST IN CLASS (though I do recommend the SPort Pkg). Even in 3.0 trim its no sleeper.

A BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
By COLYN on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

HAVE HAD THE 4.4 FOR THREE WEEKS AND AT NIGHT STILL DREAM OF DRIVING IT THE NEXT MORNING. THE HANDLING IS OUT OF THIS WORLD FOR A SUV AND THE 8-CYLINDER PROVIDES MORE THAN ENOUGH GET UP AND GO. THE INTERIOR IS WELL APPOINTED;EYE- PLEASING COMBINATION OF LEATHER AND WOOD.