2003 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews 3

2003 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Truly Ultimate
By CMPONY on 12/15/06 13:02 PM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Flat out, the best all around sport-performance-luxury vehicle I've ever driven. Despite minor problems with the door mirror retractor motor and the dash computer display (both replaced under warranty), I am totally in love with this vehicle. The honeymoon still goes on even after eight months of ownership.

x5 problems
By kathy waldref on 09/13/06 04:44 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had problems, after the first year, all the time and it was always in the shop. Thank goodness for everything free. At different dealerships, couldnt keep it running. it was a lemon, and no one would do anything about it! I got so mad on way to yet another appt,(over an hour, because of traffic, one way) I sold it (had bought it and not leased, didn't want to be stuck with it after expiring warrenty soon) and got a Z4, which I love and seems more reliable.

2003 X5
By Ed Price on 08/24/06 19:03 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving this car for 3 years, I was very happy with the dependability of the car. No electrical problems and except for service, never needed repairs. Only disappointment is lack of changes in style and interior from year to year.

A great used SUV bargain
By PaulGinAZ on 03/31/06 14:16 PM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2003 X5 3.0 Sport for my wife last March with 41,000 miles and all options except for cold weather pkg. In the 14000 miles since then we have received excellent service from the dealership and aside from replacing the OEM Michelin tires with Kuhmos and replacing the battery the vehicle has been flawless, safe, quiet, and rattle-free. Insist on service records and if you can buy the extended maintenence package (3 year 50k including all services, oil changes, and brakes) for $1000 like we did you should be in the clear.

More Fun than Comfortable
By Peter C on 02/09/06 19:25 PM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

While I love driving my 4.6IS there are times that I wish I had bought the 4.4 in hopes that it would be a firm and sporty suspension without riding like a corvette (but it's great to be able to keep up with most sports cars). The 4.6IS is incredible fun, awesome styling, and full of luxury. My only criticism is that it doesn't ride as smooth as my Lexus LS400 I traded in for it (no surprise there). I would buy another one tomorrow...

2003 Used BMW X5
By johnsc on 01/11/06 15:51 PM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. had an Acura. much more upscale. More Power. I miss XM radio. Truck very responsive, quick,stable, safe. Had it almost 3 months no issues.

2 years of Love
By hectorg on 06/20/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We've had ours now of little over 2 years. WE LOVE IT. The look, the drive, the space, the feeling of power and safety It has been amazing in these tough NYC winters and the A/C is amazing in those hot & humid summers. I read complaints about fuel economy. I can't complain, the X5 begs you to drive it fast. As I'm writing this we are expecting our first child. Guess what I'm driving him home in? Need I say more?

Surprising satisfying 3.0 inline 6
By Hoss Moini on 06/01/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a quality vehicle built in the USA!!!! The inline six engine's performance was a positive surprise against my expectations! It has been a very enjoyable experience owning this SUV! Did not know if I was going to regret not getting the 4.4 V8 at the beginning! turned out just fine.

Sports Car Performance, Business Require
By Art Lippois on 02/10/05 01:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Want a car that takes you back to the muscle car power of the 60's, but with the comfort of a cadillac on long trips? Do you need a ride to comfortably take customers to sites both in urban and rural areas during all kinds of weather? Want the space to carry display items or large boxes for business? Do you have to travel 300 to 400 miles sometimes at night in unknown areas with little or no open gas stations because of the hour of your travel? Finally, do you want to have to use your cruise control because there is no way you can tell your speed without looking at the speedometer?If this sounds like a vehicle that fits your requirements, then the BMW X5 is for you. All class, all smiles.

Quality with performance
By Ron S on 02/09/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned numerous SUVs the X5 is by far the best from the standpoint of comfort, performance, handling, looks and just plain fine workmanship. I believe that in order to appreciate this vehicle, you have to love a car that feels and handles like a sports car. Mine has the sport suspension which would not satisfy the meek or the comfort seekers from a standpoint of ride. But when it comes to performsnce and sheer fun driving a SUV, this is the car to own. It's almost as much fun as driving my C5, but not quite as fast. I talked my brother into test driving one, and the next thing I know is he owns one after being a Ford Explorer driver for many years. I would highly recommend this vehicle.