Used 2003 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

MY X5
By ROXANNE

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love BMW. I love my X5 even more. I love the speed, the comfort and the way it looks. I look forward to buying the new 5 series.

Speed

Well I would love to be able to program the names of my cds in the nav.

Worst B-Day Present!
By omanx5

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. My folks bought my x5 4.4i for my 21st b-day and boy was I up for a surprise. 2 weeks after driving the vehicle, my engine and electrical systems shutsdown while 120km/h on the highway and having no control of the car. Where I live there is is no actual BMW body shopy you have to send it to, the Acura Dealership. I have had nohting but complaints about this car, just recentley my brake linings have had to be replaced and i don't even live in the city. And again my engine cut off! I end by telling you that in my experience BMW is purly a STATUS symbol.

Rims, Headlights, Moon Roof, Over Drive System, and Sound System.

Have you BMW's only made in Germany and none in the USA!

Owner of X5
By mju

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Not sold as a pure off road vehicle but it will do all most average drivers want.

4.4 red light to red light or top end is awesome -- have driven the 4.6 and 4.4 is more than enough.

Not sure electronic accelerator is best. They should make an 'L'.

Xtremely Fun
By jimmyjames888

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

They made me an offer I could not refuse. Redesign for 2004 is blowing these out the door. The 4.4 is the only way to go unless you are just looking for a "mommy mobile". Still, wish I had gone with the 4.6 but another $10K, ridiculous. A friend got the ML500, turned down my offer to race. The ML500 left him on the side of the road in Athens, GA with a busted radiator hose. Brand new car. I will not own a car that leaves me on the side of the road. Mercedes should be ashamed. If you want a performance german car or SUV, buy BMW. If you want a gimmicky pile of mush, buy a MB. Our 4th BMW in 9 years and they just keep getting better.

Engine (power) and 16 way power seats (optional but highly recommended).

Delete buttons on key, more hp, better mpg, mvoe computer display higher

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By Christine Willsch

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The BMW X5 is the first new car I have ever owned and I will never drive anything but a BMW. The performance and handling of this luxury SUV makes it feel as if you are driving on clouds. Once you have driven a BMW nothing else can hold a candle to this ultimate driving machine.

My favorite feature of the BMW X5 is the CD player. There is nothing more relaxing than having all the windows down, the moonroof open and the CD player playing my favorite CD, of which I have 6 choices.

The only 2 improvements that should be made on the BMW X5 are the gas mileage and the cup holders. In these times of high gas prices, the BMW X5 should get better gas mileage. The cup holders or located in the back which is not practical.