2003 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Not impressed AT ALL
By naddymutt on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I sure hope people read my review before they think on buying the BMW SUV. Yes, I bought it for the name and I am really regretting it. For the money, it surely isn't worth it. It was MUCH louder inside than my Ford pickup truck and the performance is adequate. I must say...before you buy or lease the BMW, PLEASE take it from me and look at the GMC Denali...there is so much more you will get for your money...the performance alone on the Denali blows away the BMW as well as the fit and finish. Don't be suckered for the BMW name.

The Ultamate driving machine
By dsheli on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This baby is one hell of a cool car. I love mine adn every thing about it!!!

BMW X5 UNRELIABLE
By DETCORD on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

THIS IS THE NINTH BMW THAT I HAVE PURCHASED.ALTHOUGH BMW HAS A GOOD WARRANTY,THE VEHICLE SPENDS TO MUCH TIME NEEDING IT. MY VEHICLE HAS 36,000 MILES ON IT AND HAS HAD THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS.BOTH STEERING CONTROLL ARMS REPLACED,BRAKE PEDAL ALMOST FELL OFF,NINE BURNT OUT HEADLIGHTS/FOGLAMPS, WHICH ARE TIME CONSUMING TO CHANGE.ELECTRICAL BURNING SMELLS ETC..WILL MOST LIKELY NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER X5

Bmw X5
By pt dds on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The X5 has the greatest handling amongst all the SUV that I had test drive. The design is the nicest of all SUV on the market.

Best I've ever bought/owned
By LarryGF on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my X5 for 3 weeks and 1,600 miles. It is my 5th BMW. Even measured against previous cars I've owned like an M3 and a 540i, this is simply the best vehicle I've ever purchased. It has EVERYTHING - performance, luxury, roominess, all weather capability (stable and tenaciously grippy on wet roads - you have to drive it in the rain to believe it), goes anywhere anytime in any conditions. I've heard all the reliability complaints and maybe I'll have some problems down the road but so far, it's absolutely problem free - not a rattle or squeak. The build quality is so far beyond anything else out there it's just ridiculous.

X5 3.0
By roman on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The X5 3.0 is the best sport utility for the $40-$45K range. Fit and finish are top notch. Looks are great. And performance is on par with any other BMW on the road.

BMW X5 - No one can offer a better 4x4.
By shahnawaz jiva on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Can any other car beat this sexy, sporty, reliable, comfortable, elegant, classy, spacious car

dont buy anything else
By bmwlover/ forever on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

i love this car tried many oyher cars but this far exceeds other makes. buy this car now. not one regret LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best Luxery/Performance SUV/SAV/etc.
By alik61 on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The best I ever had. Fun to drive in any weather sun/rain even more amaised. Luxery all over. AWD all weather sport and some unility and a lot of fun to drive.

What a disappointment.
By Tony Hammock on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After several luxury SUV's from other manufacturers I thought I would try the BMW. What a mistake that was. At first the X5 was a joy to drive. Now that I have owned it for several months it is in the shop more than on the road. The fact that it has incurreds some problems that needed fixing doesn't upset me. It is the pitiful attitude and lack of understanding from the service department that I have trouble with.