2003 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews 21

2003 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Unreliable $60,000 SUV
By Jerrygee on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Reliability has been less then stellar. Numerous warranty issues and road side assistance questions quality control. The car is fun to drive and can be nicely equipped at a price. A base $40,000 car soon goes to close to $60,000. For that kind of money I expect more.

Love this SUV
By LuvmyBMW on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This SUV doesn't ride like a SUV. It has a comfortable ride. We have a few different friends with different SUV's and they all agree ours rides the best and also has great pick-up. It is manuverable. We only had one minor problem in the past 8 months with it. The rear window arm broke and we had it replaced. Other than that, it's been great.

Went from 2000 Z-3 Coupe to 2003 X5
By Pete7374 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a BMW fan for about 20 years! This X5 has all the comforts of a luxury car yet the zip of a sports car! Got about every extra except the V8. Love the heated steering wheel. The cheapest thrill in years. The GPS isn't as good as my 2002 Lexus but I would never buy another car without a GPS. Your never ever need another travel map once you get the hang of them. My first BMW had about 300,000 miles on it when a 1 Ton PU ran a stop light & Totaled it. (Not Me) I'll live by the sword (BMW) from now on!

My Favorite SUV
By jerusha60426 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. When I first saw it I knew it was love at first sight. It drives like a dream. It was a little pricey but it was worth it. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Would Be Great But....
By Jeffrey19608 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is unsafe. My brake pedal fell completely off. Fortunately I was in a parking lot when it happened with my family in the car. No one was injured. The driver side window decided tt break on a trip. Had to drive the car with the window down. Window fell out while driving. I have a 2000 4.4. This vehicle needs more testing & quality control. Have lost confidence in the vehicle! Fotunately the dealership I purchased the car from is top notch! I think they need to be. They see me too much.

Smooth Operator
By Joseph Chik on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Drove the ML320 for a year and not vey happy with the driving. The car is reliable but not as smooth as my previous 5 series (528i). Thought I should try Mercedes but not completely happy. So I traded in for the 4.4 X5 and so far it did not disappoint. The car is so smooth and yet so solid. Driving it is sheer joy and I look forward to many yeras of great motoring.

PeRfEcTiOn
By ke;yyan on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Nice ride, nice everything else.b Interior is full of nice things.

UNRELIABLE VEHICLE
By CHINA on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

THE X5 IS THE NINTH BMW I HAVE OWNED.SINCE NEW,I HAVE HAD THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS.BOTH STEERING CONTROL ARMS HAD TO BE REPLACED,DEAD BATTERY,VEHICLE WILL LOCK YOU OUT AND ALARM CANNOT BE TURNED OFF,MULTIPLE SOFTWARS PROBLEMS WHICH MAKE THE X5 UNDRIVABLE.XEON AND FOGLAMPS BURN OUT OFTEN,AND ARE TIME CONSUMING TO REPLACE,ASSUMING THE DEALERSHIP CAN FIT YOU IN AT ALL. EXTREEMLY DISSAPOINTING VEHICLE AND UNRELIABLE.

BMW 3.0 Diesel
By Hungria on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have x5 3.0 diesel, this is a fantastic machine with high torque, exelent fuel economy (about 35mpg in the city) in my country the diesel fuel is a half cheaper than the gas. There is no noise from the engine seems like gas and no smoke from the back like another diesel machines.

great
By darnell on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car is the greatest car i ever drove