2003 BMW X5 Consumer Review: 2003 BMW X5 3.0i

2003 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

2003 BMW X5 3.0i
By ppsnow on

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have this car for 3 months now and I put about 3000 miles including a trip to Myrtle Beach. I enjoy driving this car. My wife loves it and my son wants to drive anywhere we take this car! So far so good. MPG about 20 highway around 17 in the city. I expected better! The only despoilment is the stereo and the fading of all the readout on the instrument panel. For a 50K + car when new is a disappointment! Other then that I very happy with the car. No problems so far other replacing the rear window regulator in the first week! Very easy to do and I was done in 20 min. Shop around for parts. You will find big difference in money. As a used car and paying only 1/4 of original price is GOOD!

Comfortable in long trips. Plenty of room for 4 passengers. Power reclining rear seats. Build quality. Driving satisfaction.

I know the 2007 and above are better so that will be my next car is the 2009 35d X5. But I have to wait a couple more years to get cheaper then the 40k they demand now as a used.