2003 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
x5 problems
By kathy waldref on 09/13/06 04:44 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had problems, after the first year, all the time and it was always in the shop. Thank goodness for everything free. At different dealerships, couldnt keep it running. it was a lemon, and no one would do anything about it! I got so mad on way to yet another appt,(over an hour, because of traffic, one way) I sold it (had bought it and not leased, didn't want to be stuck with it after expiring warrenty soon) and got a Z4, which I love and seems more reliable.

2003 X5
By Ed Price on 08/24/06 19:03 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving this car for 3 years, I was very happy with the dependability of the car. No electrical problems and except for service, never needed repairs. Only disappointment is lack of changes in style and interior from year to year.

A great used SUV bargain
By PaulGinAZ on 03/31/06 14:16 PM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2003 X5 3.0 Sport for my wife last March with 41,000 miles and all options except for cold weather pkg. In the 14000 miles since then we have received excellent service from the dealership and aside from replacing the OEM Michelin tires with Kuhmos and replacing the battery the vehicle has been flawless, safe, quiet, and rattle-free. Insist on service records and if you can buy the extended maintenence package (3 year 50k including all services, oil changes, and brakes) for $1000 like we did you should be in the clear.

2 years of Love
By hectorg on 06/20/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We've had ours now of little over 2 years. WE LOVE IT. The look, the drive, the space, the feeling of power and safety It has been amazing in these tough NYC winters and the A/C is amazing in those hot & humid summers. I read complaints about fuel economy. I can't complain, the X5 begs you to drive it fast. As I'm writing this we are expecting our first child. Guess what I'm driving him home in? Need I say more?

Surprising satisfying 3.0 inline 6
By Hoss Moini on 06/01/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a quality vehicle built in the USA!!!! The inline six engine's performance was a positive surprise against my expectations! It has been a very enjoyable experience owning this SUV! Did not know if I was going to regret not getting the 4.4 V8 at the beginning! turned out just fine.

X5
By Al Ward on 01/25/05 12:15 PM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my X5. I came from a new Tahoe Z71 which I was lucky to get 13 MPG. The X5 is fun to drive and quite snappy. We drive to Idaho in the summer and find the car very unique.

2003 3.0x5
By wedge on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Has been extremely reliable with exceptional performance and handling. Typical BMW build quality and high fun to drive factor.

BMW X5 3L 4-27-04
By jmklansnic on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchasing, driving, and service have been the best I have ever had with a vehicle.

Sports car in an SUV body
By InkyRusner on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle. Power and handling are superior. I owned sports cars prior to this car and this is as much fun to drive as they were, but with room for golf clubs, skiis, sports stuff, luggage, etc.

The BEST SAV not SUV
By John CC on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I think so many people rate the x5 inaccuratly do to is lack of off road abilities but it's on rad abilites out perform most passenger cars whenit come to saftey and driver control. I love my X5 and find it hard to imagine what I will purchase next if anything at all. I think more consumers should consider it even if cost is a major factor becouse you do get every dime that you pay for plus a few. I would't trad it for the world well ok If I could get the no us version of the 4.6 I would but that is the only way. Enjoy