2002 BMW X5 Consumer Review: New to the BMW

2002 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

New to the BMW
By arichard on

2002 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought a used 02 X5 4.4, I wished I'd read these articles first. One person said he had problems with the mirror and seat memory -- ditto here. I have wasted time on several trips to the dealer to be told "We can't find a problem." No code found. I can't get a trailer hitch because they're on back order. I cannot get an aftermarket rear entertainment system because no one has any positive experience getting them put in. However, it is a mechanical beast. It is a jack-up sports car and it moves. Some days I think about getting rid of it but when I clean it up, I like it, and other do too.

Handling, power and acceleration. Great looks.

Work on electronic/electrical integrity. In dash CD changer,navigation systems, available accessories that are not on back log. More room in the cargo area would be a plus. Standard Bluetooth technology and standard satellite radio capablities built in. Reasonably priced DVD players.