2002 BMW X5 4.4L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Exceeded my expectations

2002 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Review

Exceeded my expectations
By mark on

2002 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 4.4 V8 as a certified pre owned. It was a prior demo with 21K miles on it. Now I have 54K with nary a problem. Change the oil, fill it with gas and go. And this baby goes, it handles just like a sports car. It is solid and tight. still has the new smell in it, from the ultra luxurious leather. I opted for one WITHOUT the sports package (the ride still is a little on the stiff side) but has everything else. Everything looks and works perfect,every time I detail it the car looks and feels like a brand new car. There is a lot to be said for BMW build quality and enginering. I still have the original tires and changed the brakes only once at 40K miles, unbelievable for a 4400 lb car.

Favorite Features

4.4 V8, varooom. DSP (sound system), steering and brake feel are sport car grade. Stunning off road capability. Plenty of large storage pockets. Fold flat rear seats, perfect for hauling sobexs and my soccer practice gear. Also makes a great bed!!!

Suggested Improvements

Do away with the air/adjustable suspention. It is a waste of money, you will never need it.