2002 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Better vehicle to be designed

2002 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

4.6is 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Better vehicle to be designed yet
By TerminatorX5 on

2002 BMW X5 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd BMW and 5th in the family. Once you drive a bimmer, you don't want to drive anything else. I got the top of the line X5, fully loaded, OEM navigation, OEM TV, DVD changer, screen in the back, bluetooth, hatch, reverse camera, AV jack in the back, heated seats all around, integrated V1 detector, voice recognition. Mechanically this is not a car, this is a beast; I have pulled 140 MPH on this car, and it did not even shake or rattle. It even felt like it lowered itself to the ground; I know it has automatically adjust ground clearance. I had to back out, as it was too scary. I had driven in many countries, and can't trade a BMW for anything else other than another BMW.

340 stock HP, handling on dry and wet pavement, 20" OEM rims with monster tires, negative camber that helps in tight, high-speed turns, huge vented brakes at 4 corners. Styling is another one - the style is about 7-8 years old, and still turns the heads. The interior is spartan and to the point.

This is gas guzzler. I get about 10-13 MPG city and about 15-18 MPG highway. This is the price of performance. Navigation maps are not available for half of the countries that I drive in. Could benefit from more room in the back seat area and the trunk. Battery in the key is not charged by the car.