2002 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Not a real BMW
By Daily on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This SUV is ideal for people who prefer fine looks,elevated view of the road and allwheel drive system. but this isn't for BMW or driving enthusiasts because it really isnt' a typical BMW. It's also built in America.

The one for me!
By katy on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Of all SUV's the X5 is above and beyond. I call it a high riding sedan, there's nothing truck-like about it in that it gives a smooth ride and handles curves well.

TBD
By blkbutterfly on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 3.0 for the spouse. Will be testing it on the Bahn. More to follow. I am however concerned about the lack of A/C power. I've test driven this car (German spec) on numerous occasions and didn't see a problem.

Not Bad
By G. Balack on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the X5 3.0, 5 speed. My 94 Explorer cannot compare to this vehicle. My X5 has great handling, very comfortable and not bad on gas. At first I did not like it (which was strange), but the more I drive it I liked it more. Great Vehicle.

problems only
By danieldanko on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my x5 3.0 for a 4 months now and went to service for 5 times . First week- check engine light on(bad fuel cap) second visit - same problem plus problems with memory seats (no solution). third visit - check engine light again (bad fuel hose)plus headlights getting foogy (new driver headlight) fouth visit - problems with am radio(no solution still suks!) plus headlights getting foggy again (passenger side) fifth visit next week - temperature in chicago 90 degree and a\c is not working. Dose anybody has the same problems ??? Let me know

4.6L- Unbelievable
By Buckeye on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just picked up the X5 4.6L about a week ago. The only word to describe it is unbelievable. The 20 inch rear tires are quite a sight from a trailing vehicle's perspective, and that is the most likely view the majority of other vehicles are going to get. Incredible handling and acceleration. Interior finish is also superb.

improvements needed
By scheffv on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We went from a Jeep Cherokee limted to an X5. The X5 is made for performance more than luxery. Some items that I would add are a screen that displays the gas milage left, and direction headed. The car is very fast, and comes with blinds for the back windows.

My Sweet X5, what a car
By Kofi Ankamah on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.6is AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

well let me tell you, the first day i got it i drove untill midnight. This was just to see how much i will love this car over the six years i plan to own it. While driving not knowing where i was going, i felt like a king, this is due to the high quality comfort i got. i can't wait to take it off road. I guss my Boxter is goin to be in the garage for a while.

Awesome
By R. Dvorak on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Not much to say.....best driving vehicle on the road regardless of price. Fit and finish is impecable and interior ergonomics are near perfect. Would recommend to anyone looking for the ultimate suv/sav.

As close to perfect as I can imagine
By AJM on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My only gripe is that the cupholders need to be able to hold 32oz bottles or cups. 12oz beverages are a German thing I guess. The performance is excellent and I highly recommend going to South Carolina to the plant to pick yours up. What an experience!