2002 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
X5-Love Hate Relationship
By stanmb on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have 2001 x5 3.0. This car while a fine performer has had electrical problems from day one. Found my windows open over 15 times. Car still takes twice to start. Remote only worked when it wanted to until recent trip to dealership when they spent 1 week to redo electical system. Taking off trunk cover is major pain-broke it twice doing so. Twice had rear deck wiper blade torn off in car wash-must have it bagged or else. Friend had his car in over a dozen times for similar problems and ultimately BMW bought car back. Dealer says problems are now worked out. Still love to drive this car but am disappointed.

Just want to rate this vehicle
By accordlegend on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall very happy with the X5. Nice styling and great performance all in one. Great handling in Lake Tahoe as well as touring around town. Nothing beats it in my books.

X5, An Engineering Work of Art
By pakman94 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

2002 3.0Sp (white with sand and light wood)in line 6 with xenons, steptronic, rear climate, upgraded computer, lumbar and self dim mirrors is phenomenal! This is one first rate machine that is truely amazing. If I had all the money in the world, I would still choose this exact vehicle. The inline 6 is the smoothest engine in the world. Sweet, beautiful, classy responsive, solid and safe. What a combination!

The Sportiest "SUV" Out There!
By Patricia on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

A true BMW performer! Have tested many other vehicles and always kept coming back to the X5. V8 is very fast and the quality finish is superb. Very sexy, eye catching and very safe, especially in a crash! Once you drive a BMW, you will not go back to anything else, it just gives you that special feeling and you know that everyone around you wished they had one too.

BMW X5
By porkchop on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my X5 for approx, 18months. I have more fun than I have ever had driving. While the cargo space appears small, its capacity has never been an issue. The backseat room has generated more positive comments than any other vehicle I have ever owned. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a great SUV that loves to drive. One thing to remember is get the 4.4litre engine. Makes all the difference in the world.

2002 BMW X5 - A True Superstar!
By mark fee on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the finest automibile that I have ever owned. In fact, it is the finest vehicle that I have ever driven. The X5 has an uncanny ability to predict what the driver wants (and needs) and does it for / with you. It is refined and comfortable. I would buy it again in a heartbeat and will continue to drive one unless the rumored X7 comes out and then I might try the X7. The safety and comfort offered by the X5 is second to none. It is comfortable on long trips and is a blast on windy roads! It truly is "The Ultimate Driving Machine!"

The Anti Slug
By BIMMERDUDE on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I just sold my 2003 Range Rover HSE which I had for a month for the X5 4.4. I tell you, my nickname for the Range Rover is the Slug-Rover, up hills will take you a decade. Even though the X has less cargo space it is worth the 50,000+. It is a true Bimmer at heart, or engine. Hope you consider this when buying.

incomparable
By B2MEE on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The vehicle is awesome. Though some may cost less or have a little more cargo room, nothing compares...I know because I drove them as well. Anyone rating another higher must not appreciate true workmanship, engineering, and capability...you do get what you pay for.

Best SUV Anywhere
By GTheo on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is incredible! It only looks like an SUV but under the hood it is an M5 sports sedan. The car is truly a well thought out machine with amazing performance and looks. I have never come across another SUV that could out perform it except for the time I ran across an X5 4.6 on the highway, Wow that thing is blazingly fast!

Solid So Far
By Seattle X5er on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my X5 for about 8 months. It has been everything I had hoped for: fun to drive and comfortable. Everything is solid. Not a rattle or other problem (knock on wood). The paint job has been particularly impressive. I have taken a lot of rock hits at highway speeds, but I have not yet found one chip!