2002 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
TBD
By blkbutterfly on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 3.0 for the spouse. Will be testing it on the Bahn. More to follow. I am however concerned about the lack of A/C power. I've test driven this car (German spec) on numerous occasions and didn't see a problem.

Not Bad
By G. Balack on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have the X5 3.0, 5 speed. My 94 Explorer cannot compare to this vehicle. My X5 has great handling, very comfortable and not bad on gas. At first I did not like it (which was strange), but the more I drive it I liked it more. Great Vehicle.

problems only
By danieldanko on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my x5 3.0 for a 4 months now and went to service for 5 times . First week- check engine light on(bad fuel cap) second visit - same problem plus problems with memory seats (no solution). third visit - check engine light again (bad fuel hose)plus headlights getting foogy (new driver headlight) fouth visit - problems with am radio(no solution still suks!) plus headlights getting foggy again (passenger side) fifth visit next week - temperature in chicago 90 degree and a\c is not working. Dose anybody has the same problems ??? Let me know

improvements needed
By scheffv on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We went from a Jeep Cherokee limted to an X5. The X5 is made for performance more than luxery. Some items that I would add are a screen that displays the gas milage left, and direction headed. The car is very fast, and comes with blinds for the back windows.

As close to perfect as I can imagine
By AJM on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My only gripe is that the cupholders need to be able to hold 32oz bottles or cups. 12oz beverages are a German thing I guess. The performance is excellent and I highly recommend going to South Carolina to the plant to pick yours up. What an experience!

satisfied
By arh on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Replaced my 2001 3.0 premium with a 2002 3.0 w sport pkg. Like the improved ride and handling.

Most fun car I have ever owned or driven
By sreev on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This car is pure fun!

BMW Fan Forever!
By CD on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and I am never going to drive any other brand from now on. I love it, love it, love it! Although it may seem very pricey, it is well worth it. It has all the makings of a dream machine: speed, agility, luxury, and toys galore!(I'm still finding little perks here and there). I got it with the Xenon lights, heated seats and steering wheels,auto-dim mirror and moonroof, all pricey features but you won't regret it because they are oh so nice! This car does all the thinking for you on the maintenance factor, all you have to do is enjoy the drive!

BMW Fan Forever!
By cd on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Best SUV By Far
By Ax on 03/12/02 16:52 PM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent on highway or city. I had a 5 series sedan and the X5 compares very favorably on driving fun but I can also throw my bike in it as well as on top. AWD will take you anywhere a sane person should go. If you can afford the entry price and the maintenance get one.