2002 BMW X5 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2002 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

3.0i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Best ever
By jkg5 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned. Great on long trips, in town, etc.

Great SUV
By apparition on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love it. Best handling and most fun to drive SUV ever. I have test almost all of the luxury SUV's on an offroad test track and the BMW performed the best.

Fun to Drive 8.0, Reliability 4.0
By OilManJMC JMC on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first BMW at 12K ball joints replaced,emergiency brk replaced, radio died-water leaking inside. Never been able to get key to consistantly return seat to memory position. Drivers door frozen most Jan, Feb mornings, crawl in through back. HORRIBLE in snow, only good thing is DSC keeps you from sliding off into the weeds. Rain sensing works erraticly. 44K all new brakes incl front rotors, ball joints rattling again. Interior dr pull finish chipped. Do we really HAVE to agree to legalities EVERY time we start the car to use radio, nav system? Heated seats set to RUMP-ROAST.

Pre-owned - satisfied to date!
By Tsagg on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Shopped for an X5 for months. Didn't want to pay the $50,000 for a brand new so I found a 2002 X5 3.0 with only 17,000 miles on it. Extremely clean, hardly driven car. Have driven about 1,000 miles so far and have loved every minute. This is my second BMW (1997 328is) and they are by far the most amazing DRIVING cars in the world. The X5 lives for 80+ m.p.h. on the highway. 3.0 is plenty peppy off the start with plenty of torque but lacks some power at speed. No big deal though. Read all about the electrical problems in the 2001's which made me stay away from them. Paid $37,250 for a 2002 w/every option but NAVIGATION. (bought 7/10/04) w/17,000 miles

My first truck
By navigus on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 6th BMW. Best feature: EASILY the most comfortable ever for a a long drive (lumbar support seats are fantastic). Next, sedan handling and performance. I've achieved a better time than the 528i over my fav route of hiways and country roads. Most annoying feature: the AWFUL tinny noise when shutting the door. Biggest SMALL annoyance - unreliable warning LCD icons e.g. is a breakdown imminent or is it simply an icon fault (again). Great fit & finish but qual of BMW materials declines yearly (like others). Best was my '85 325E. Still luv 'em. I went to MB once(300 coupe). Soulless - a big mistake. MB briefly had my brain; BMW will always have my heart. Cor

BMW X5 Rocks
By cbcommdk on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Other than dealing with a small cargo capacity, the X5 has been our most favorite car ever owned.

X5 3.0 Blk on Blk Sport!
By dinoC on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love everything about this SUV. Except for its electronics. I have winter, sport, navigation, dsp ... etc. I have 30K on this SUV, and so far it's been a disappointment. My passenger sideview mirror fell off, my door does not open and close at times, windshield special wipe doesn't work properly, radio/dsp doesn't work (NO SOUND!!!) Doors, warning flasher, reading lamps comes on for no reason when driving. 2002 X5! What a disappointment! Don't buy this SUV!

Love My X5
By eaweeling on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a predriven X5 and love it. The quality and reliability of BMW afforded me the confidence to by a pre driven car and not have the worry. I came out of a van and was ready for a luxury car but wanted the style of an SUV. I will keep this car for a long time!

I LOVE MY X5
By LA95CAM on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my X5. Before I purchased my X5 I drove a few other luxury SUVs and found that the X5 was the best overall in handling, comfort and performance.

Good overall after 1.5 years
By BRJoll99 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've driven my 3.0 for 21,000 miles and have had a good experience thus far. Major complaints are the software glitches (fixed at 15k service), terrible cup holder location, various squeeks and rattles. The biggest disappointment is the squeeks and rattles. One in the back cargo area and one in the CD cover shield when down (leave up all the time now). If I wanted to deal with quality issues such as this I would have bought a GM or Ford. This has been a big disappointment.