Used 2002 BMW X5 3.0i Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Best SUV By Far
By Ax

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent on highway or city. I had a 5 series sedan and the X5 compares very favorably on driving fun but I can also throw my bike in it as well as on top. AWD will take you anywhere a sane person should go. If you can afford the entry price and the maintenance get one.

Cool two peice tailgate great place to sit and put on gear, Xenon headlights and rainsensing wipers worth getting

more power (always)

Exhilerating
By Just Do It

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned M-Benz' in the past and then bought a 2000 528iT and thought that was simply incredible. But the X5 is awesome, simply awesome. Its exterior design is simply breath taking. But wait till you slip behind the wheel. All I can say is that you are in complete control driving the X5 whether you're taking it easy at 45mph or hauling at 105. If you have never been in love you will be now. DRIVE THE X5, OWN AN X5, AND LIVE WITH AN X5!!!

Exterior and interior design, handling, absolutely fun to drive.

Bi-Xexon headlights, incorporating an in dash 6 disk cd changer with or without the navigation.

2001 X5 3.0I
By jmoriarty

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Doesn't start on first turn of key about 40% of time. My 20K Honda always starts on first turn. Dealer doesn't recognize problem. Window Shade clips break easy..poor design. 2001 model assumes that casette tapes are in and thus provide storage for them...Car is loaded with features..Navigation system is difficult to turn off(voice) once it is on. Computer infor system loses its brain occasionally requiring user to inout the dates/times,etc. I reported this but BMW can't find the bug......

CD storage vs. Casettes..Fix the shade clip problem...

The superstar 0f SUVs!!!
By spunky

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The more I drive it the more I love this car. The performance of the 3.0 is impressive. Must say I was suprised at how well It handles, it inspires confidence.Super fun to drive. This is my first BMW, it will not be my last.

Perfomance and handling,the fun factor

Some blind spots,rear headrests obstruct view when backing

X5 3.0i
By andrew

2002 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle.I bought it because it had awsome safety.It is worth paying up for. I think it is my favorite car in the whole world.

Luxurios